jpeg2_1_page15.jpg

jpeg2_1_page16.jpg

jpeg2_1_page17.jpg

jpeg2_1_page18.jpg

jpeg2_1_page19.jpg

jpeg2_1_page1.jpg

jpeg2_1_page10.jpg

jpeg2_1_page11.jpg

Wish I still had it. But then again, I have too many cars as it is. I'd like to know who owns it today. It's somewhere in SoCal.
It was a fun restoration, but a lot of work. It was my second total tear down and rebuild from the ground up. The only way to go.

I hope one day our cars can be confused as twins. :)

Wow. Nice job. Thanks for taking the time to scan those.

Did you fabricate the nose (the panel over the headlights) or was that a bought item?

Very nice work, definitely something to aspire to.

Thanks again

Karl

The one piece nose panel was the first fiberglass part I made; followed by the bumpers and then the hard top. I made lots of them back in the early Nineties. Unfortunately, I left the molds in So Cal when I moved to Colorado. They got left at a fiberglass shop, never to be seen again...

Bummer about the loss of the tools. Did you have any drawings you worked from or other collateral info? Would you be willing to share?

I left some tools behind in California as well back in the 90s when we moved away. (Mine were seating shells I had done at college).

Karl

I have your answer

I just got an e-mail from Eddy.

"I read in the X-1/9 ** X-2/0 Scorpion forum that "Mark/fiatfreak is wondering where this Scorpion is.
Well, it's in Pasadena and is owned by Chris Ferren who bought it from Jame Yanke."

Now you know.

Warren

Last edited:
Hmmm small world, my X1/9 came from Pasadena back when I lived there in the early 90s.

It will have a long life there as long as no soccer moms in an SUV overlook it as they yammer on their cell phones...

That's a name I'm not familiar with. I hope he likes the car and all my hard work.

I just got an e-mail from Eddy.

"I read in the X-1/9 ** X-2/0 Scorpion forum that "Mark/fiatfreak is wondering where this Scorpion is.
Well, it's in Pasadena and is owned by Chris Ferren who bought it from Jame Yanke."

Now you know.

Warren

I found Chris on Google and exchanged emails. Sounds like the car is in great hands and my hard work is appreciated. That makes it worthwhile. Hopefully when I sell my other Scorpion(s) I'll have the same luck.

Back