Another "Name That Wheel"

AleX1/9

Has the sickness
Happy Fourth Everyone!

Can you guys help me identify these wheels?

The seller states they are off a Fiat and 13x5.5 and has no other info. They look like Alfa Romeo wheels to me, but a quick search didn't turn up any matches.

Off the top of my head... if they are Alfa's...

there were few 4 x 98mm's but most are 4 x 108mm's.

Also... there usually is some kind of stamping or numbering on the back of the wheel or along the rim... that might help. The bolt circle will need to be ACCURATELY measured from the outside edge of one bolt hole, to the center of the one directly opposite in mm.

(Other popular sizes are 4 x 100 and 4 x 110... so accuracy is essential)

I did find this which I believe is the same only painted and polished. The link failed though. I don't think they were MADE in Pakistan, just for sale there at one time.

Slide_13-italian-alloy-rims-light-weight-pcd-110-114-5967162.png

Alloy Wheels for sale in Pakistan - Parts & Accessories - Page 477 ...​
www.pakwheels.com300 × 225Search by image
13" Italian Alloy Rims Light Weight PCD 110/114

revolution6J%20x%2014.jpg

These MIGHT be the same... ID'd as a Revolution Multi-spoke (16 spokes) 14 x 6J on a British Triumph.

The name "Revolution" may lead us to something.

Hey... I searched and searched and really only found these TWO 16 spoke wheels... I think if the seller can't confirm the bolt pattern, the I would pass. If you like the style... there are several others out there usually with 12 or 18 spokes that you can look into.

Good luck...

ATS?

Can you guys help me identify these wheels?

The seller states they are off a Fiat and 13x5.5 and has no other info.

The center hub portion (minus that added-on cap extension) looks very similar to some older ATS wheels I've seen before, particularly the stepped-spoke "ribs" between the lugbolt holes. For example:

ATS_wheels_MarkSholz1.jpg

ATS_wheels_MarkSholz1.jpg.html

Look like 70's era 100+ wheels, but I guess the center hub is different on those.

Momo?

Look a lot like Momo Antares of the 70's- 80's. But the center seems a little different. Maybe some BMW wheels of the same era.

Daniel Forest
Montréal,Canada

Almost...

Look like 70's era 100+ wheels, but I guess the center hub is different on those.

That's exactly what came to mind when I first saw it, then I noticed the hub. The center hub area of the 100+ "Octavo" wheel is smooth, & I think it has a couple more spokes in the wheel than this mystery wheel does. :hmm:

PCD

The bolt circle will need to be ACCURATELY measured from the outside edge of one bolt hole, to the center of the one directly opposite in mm.

The wheel bolt pattern (or bolt circle) is the diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs. Therefore, the bolt pattern should be measured center-to-center (diagonally across the hub center), not center-to-outer edge.

boltMeasure.gif

The center-to-outer edge method is for measuring 5-lug wheels only. Measurement should be made from the lug center, across the hub center, to the center of an imaginary line drawn between the outer edges of the 2 farthest lugbolt holes on the opposite side of the wheel (this method can be very inaccurate, using a bolt pattern gauge is recommended).

5BoltMeasure.gif

Damn!

Spent an hour googllng and looking at my old pics before the digital era. ATS made a wheel looking like it, but with a different number of spokes. Momo Antares and OZ wheels were also similar but with a different center. Did you play with photoshop?

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada

Yes! The knowledge on this forum is unbelievable.

The prize Tony?

a referral to the seller!

This was a response to that craigslist add that lists "13x5.5 Fiat wheels" with NO picture by new to craigslist retired guy.

When I see those, I call immediately! But when email only, takes a month to coax a picture through the digiwebs. I hope for the valuable ones, but sometimes get these period aftermarket ones I would otherwise have no exposure to

Last time it was the "100+" brand 4 spokes and other styles I learned and can now identify. Add FPS to the bank!

Last edited:
1/2 wheel?

What is the name of the wheel only showing 1/2 on the broshure? Do these fit an x 1/9? If so ,where can I get a set??!!! Grant:)

Grant... Maybe write a PM to Greg in CT...

He may have the actual catalog so he can tell you the exact name.

That catalog was from '79 and I sincerely doubt they are made any longer. But with the name, model, sizes, back spacing, offset and bolt circle, you may find an exact fit on Ebay or Hemmings... or find an adapter with witch you can adapt them to to fit this car.

I think you will better have an OBSESSION for these wheels and ENJOY the adventure in searching for them. Have fun!

You better come up with a better reward than that...

if ya ever want Greg-Guru of X1/9's to find an answer for you again!

HA!

Back