Windshield wiper going slow mo only

torbinho

leckomio...
HI Folks,

My wiper is going in slowmo only. No intermediate and no fast. Only off and slow motion in all other three switch positions (intermediate/slow/fast). Any idea?
Thanks,
Torbinho:confused:

Divide and Conquer...

Its either the switch, the wiring or the motor...

I'd start AT THE motor and determine if I'm getting the correct voltages TO THE motor FROM the switch using a VOM as I switch between positions.

If so... its the motor... if not, work back towards the stitch.

Easy fix...

This was one of those easy fixes. I simply pulled the plug of the windshild wiper motor, put it back together and voala! It works .:headbang:
Thanks to all anyways.

Welp... congrats... I think!

If that connector was so corroded... imagine what most others are gonna be like!

You now have a choice... PRO-active or RE-active...

Happy motoring!

HA!

Windshield wiper mod

I made that mod on my car... the electric motor wiper enjoy the electric juice:happy:

screenshot028om.jpg

There is the schematic

wipermod.jpg

And
Thread link:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159...ve+wiper+speed

Great Job Yves,

Lez would be proud. :headbang:
I'm going to make a variation of this mod that I'll post sometime this winter, (if I ever make it home
long enough!) but ya cant beat perfection... Lez did good on this mod.

My plan is to make it an insert. Same basic design.
Again, great job!

Correction to Les's diagram!

In his diagram, Les shows power coming in to tab "87" on each relay. This is supposed to be the output, and power is normally supplied to tab "30". "30" is the usual source for battery power on switches and relays. This will help avoid confusion when working on things in the future, and also some relays have more than one "87" tab. Using the "87" for output when there are two "87" tabs is handy; you can run power to two things this way, each on their own tab.

Care should be taken not to confuse a relay with two "87" tabs with a switching relay (red stripe) one that has an "87" tab and an "87a" tab.

Not necessarily TRUE, Greg...

Tab 30 is indeed used as the "output" on the planet MARS where Lezesig was from originally.

Now Venus is another story totally...

But hey... good eye, Greg! Which reminds me of another Martian peculiarity...

There is one good reason

for using 30 as the output if you happen to use a SPDT relay (with 87 and 87a terminals)

I did this with my '81 no-cut headlight relay mod on purpose as a safety concern. By using 30 as an output, there is no need to worry about insulating 87a. If you use 30 as an input, then 87a has battery voltage while the headlights are off and MUST be insulated.

Of course, this only affects a SPDT relay. :)

Well, yes...

But really that means you are using the incorrect relay for the application.

No offense intended. :innocent:

Back