X1/9 photo shop

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
Found this while searching X1/9 pics. Kinda cool.

ERIK LARSON DISIGN

Fiat%20X19%20big%20brakes%20added.jpg

Interesting.
Anyone feel like mocking up a (stock) X in matte black, with glossy red air scoops, front/rear grill?
Hey, I didn't say I was going to actually execute this scheme, but well.......

You know, I was just saying to myself...

"Self, if only my head could stick out of my X1/9 just a little more..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looks cool though.

Maybe it's just an illusion that the targa is shorter though?

Door and window

Doesn't look like they would function either. If you were to just slope the front windshield back (would need a taller windshield to match the rear height) one would end up with a convertable opening that would be so small....

Sometimes it's just better not to mess too much with perfection. :thumbsup:

Interesting.
Anyone feel like mocking up a (stock) X in matte black, with glossy red air scoops, front/rear grill?
Hey, I didn't say I was going to actually execute this scheme, but well.......

The 85 I sold back after college, the guy painted solid black (was champagne / black) with red bumpers, vents, and the indention around the body work in bright red. Was an aquired taste...

chopped

the thought of a chopped X has always intrigued me. As if it isnt low enough to fit under parking ramp gates already LOL

Odie

The 85 I sold back after college, the guy painted solid black (was champagne / black) with red bumpers, vents, and the indention around the body work in bright red. Was an aquired taste...
Sorta a rat rod look. My car needs bodywork and paint to be "nice". I was thinking of an intermediate plan between "rusty needs work" and "nice".
De-bumpered, de-badged, blacked out chrome, matte black with red side air scoops, front rear grill, possibly engine cover/targa, front hood indent also red (but that would likely be too much). Maybe I'll use this as a reason to finally learn some photo shop skills. It looks pretty cool in my head. Stealth, covert, anti-establishment. Silly?

Very nice

I think that photoshopped car looks great, although it's now more "Lotus Esprit" than "X1/9". The rear bumper especially looks good (IMO).

* Jvandyke - I think I understand what yu're getting at and it might look good, but please please don't paint the front hood indent a different colour. I think that spoils the looks of the X more than any other mod.

first try

tried my hand at photoshop for the first time, no idea what I'm doing but if you squint, it might be what an X looks like in flattish, matteish black.
matte.jpg

not bad

Looks pretty good but vent's are needed on the rollbar to cut the drag from rear window. Someone should send some of these ideas to fiat along with our support and experiences with our x1/9 so when the new one comes out (and i know how these big company's like to keep things like that quiet) they would learn from what went wrong with the car and keep everything they got right with the car. If there not doing it already.

All the us auto makers have been doing it here for a while like the mustang or the charger or VW... but the US economy is slipping right now so maybe in a few years it might be better :2c:

..but the red just comes out grey...

looks funny with the red intake

Thanks, looks interesting. I can't get the red on the vents to look okay, my first try though. I agree, the red in the intake is a bit much. I want to try a rear view with the red on the rear vent, ideally without bumpers, it's sorta growing on me....uh oh.

rear3-4matte.jpg

Last edited:
tried on the back panel

using the replacement color tool & image/adjust/replacement color -

X19grey2.jpg

pretty much looses definition

I don't know why but that matte black and red thing appeals to me.....alright enough thread hijack and playing, back to work.

I like it

But I would have EVERYTHING blacked out; to include the bumpers, rims, and tinting the windows. Lowering the car would help with the look too IMHO. I like the front of the X better with the late bumper than no bumper at all, especially when they are lowered. Loosing the back bumper would look good too. A good mix of flat black paint with gloss accents would really give it a "rat rod" look about it. Red is such a strong contrast the the flat black that it would need to be used VERY sparingly.

This is just my :2c: and isn't my car, but I do like the flat black idea. :thumbsup:

I'm tending to agree the red accents are just a bit over the top, the black I like, hadn't thought of a mix of gloss and flat, that would be cool. I was just today again looking at how to go bumperless and I'm just not sure if it's worth the effort or not. Okay, now back to "real work" my rear struts are waiting at home for installation......sorry for the hijack

Back