Seattle X sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.

wombat

The World Wide Wombat
... this particular vehicle was last seen Nov 9 ... since the snow and the rest of the rubbishy weather, I don't know if it's still there! Last seen parked at one of the many marinas that dot the place; nearby to a location made famous in "Sleepless in Seattle" flick.

IMG00183.jpg

IMG00184.jpg

IMG00185.jpg

Looks intriguing ... notice the treatment to the front and rear bumpers.

Next time I'm passing by, I'll place a note on the windshield and ask around the marina. Unles someone already knows ...

Now that I'm back in Seattle for a bit ... I'll be sure to drop by more frequently to annoy and heckle when and where appropriate.

regards
chrisE
81 FI

Looks like he's been hangin' around Middlestead...

... or they are connected psychic-ly somehow.

Nice treatments...

Do leave a note next time... We really need ta develop a universal card or something. I've been meaning to do that for years now... especially after one of our local shows when I meet lots of interested folks and we struggle to remember the URL for this site...

Bigass OZ wheels...

...look to be 8" rear.
Didn't know OZ made that size in that style.

Rear nice flares...good to see options to widebody look.

Wonder why no wipers in rainy NW?

Very nice to see! Thx chrisE for posting.

Since we're oogling...

There are no outside mirrors either.

Is there a local paint/body shop?

Maybe he's in town for a makeover.

Lookin good!

I really like it

I really like the look of what they've done to that car (it does beg the question whether the mystery owner "bluroad"(?) (sounds like a good Xweb handle if you're out there lurking... ;)) is a reader of this forum... the bumper treatments are signature Mittelstead mod indeed... although it is also possible they just came up with it on their own... Hard to speculate...

I do have to say this, that "look", FAZA style Abarthized skirts flares and spoilers, but WITHOUT the snorkel or exaggerated side scoops.. sort of a "streetized"/stripped down Abarth kit... In all the years I've been hanging out on Xweb I've only seen this particular 'look' very rarely, and in the past few weeks we've seen multiples posted out of the blue, could be a trend forming? ;)

I do think I like the look of Abarth sans snorkel and scoops (I know, sacrilege! j/k) seriously thats an attractive look for a street X

I hope the owner surfaces it would be fun to hear about the backstory of this car, it's right in my neck of the woods and yet I've never once seen it around...

This is why I love the internet and enthusiast sites like Xweb, before all this, I felt so isolated like I might have been the only X owner in the world, once or twice a year I might see another X bombin down the other side of the freeway so fast I had no hope of u-turning in pursuit (lol) - now with this setup we just see one, post a pic and network, that to me is one of the best payoffs of Xweb :)

hey that looks like steve ambrose's hoopty

the same orange, anyways. He had a uno turbo engine in his, methinks.

Whatever happened to Steve anyways?!

Steve Ambrose?

Not sure where he is now, I miss that guy he is a really cool friendly and laid back mellow dude. Last I heard he was somewhere driving a transit bus. That is the same color but not his car, his was a 1500 body with the bumpers off (I remember seeing he had used little black plugs in the body panels similar to the ones I had on my bumperless '80) ...

Definately "oldskool" Faza flares,spoiler and OZ wheels.....

Faza used to sell those wheels too.But seems the car has been neglected a little bit............But still a great looking X!!! with very rare pieces.:thumbsup:

Hey!! next time check if the car stickers are current....

makes me think(having no wipers) that the owner embarked on a long sailing trip and left the car parked:eek:

Pappa Tony keeps his wipers in the trunk

and only puts them on when needed. That's probably why he gets such good gas mileage. ;)

if it is...

Not a bad price for a 165 hp engine & potentially great suspension. If it's got a PBS 1600 crankshaft that alone is worth half the asking price.

Chris Obert

Interesting infomration ...

I've sent an email as per the craigslist listing ... find out what I can; perhaps encourage the owner to get on the forum and talk some about the car, history, provenance ...

regards
chrisE
81 X

HA! Yep... and I finally REPLACED them after about 7 years...

I have probably used them TWICE in all that time also...

It just a different world here... and btw... it was 80 today... Santa Ana's blowing hard and RED FLAG warnings for brush fires!

... update

... been in email contact with the owner.

Made a tentaive to chekc the vehcile out on Thursday.
And to pass along the forum http.

Another update late Thursday.

chrisE
81 X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back