Fiat X 1/9 Clear Top-Craigslist-Not mine [SOLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

SOLD :clap: (...to me! :eek:)

I just got off the phone w/seller, he said he wanted to be honest, that it's not in that great of shape

I told him I wanted to be honest and it was worth way more than he was asking for it (!) and that I was willing to offer him more in line with what I thought it would be worth

We spoke a bit more and arrived at a deal, he is boxing it up right now to be shipped to Seattle :excited:

God, now I REALLY need to get the '75 dug out of the back of the shop... :hypno:

PS thank you Yayo!!

You just made my day!! :worship: :woot: :guitar: :headbang: :drink: :thumbsup:

Your welcome

I saw one go for a lot more recently...so I thought someone would jump on it. I am working on getting my X on the road, if I was rolling I would have gotten it myself. I hope that it works out for you!

Yayo/Mario

Good find...

I called him too and got in line, just in case. :)
Please make sure that he packs it up really good, I would hate to see another top get destroyed. I know of three personally that have been destroyed. The cannot be many left.
Brett

YES, we discussed this

I made a pretty big deal out of the horror stories of these getting broken in shipment.. he said he was going to pack it in a ton of padding wrapped all around it and then stuff it inside a wood pallet as a frame then put all that inside cardboard and do some other craziness like seal it with spray foam or ??! I am just wondering whether thats going to be too big or heavy or oddsize for UPS?

Oh and folks, don't bother queueing, I'm not backing out! ;) If everyone starts calling the guy all frantic it's probably just going to cost me more money... :rolleyes: ;)

Way to go Mac!!!

I thought about calling the dude too, but I didn't wat to be greedy. I guess you are included in my modifications to the Sandbox X1/9 article now. :)

WOW!

I didn't even see that post :( LOL! Good on ya Mac, and congrats! Drop me a email offline and let me know what the final price of it was.

Brian

Kudos...

Mac...you are a gentleman and an example to all.
Glad you scored it and not some flipper.
I suspect it will never leave your hands.
MM

SOLD :clap: (...to me! :eek:)

I told him I wanted to be honest and it was worth way more than he was asking for it (!)
. :hypno:

thank you, and yes, assuming...

... it ever arrives in my hands in one piece :eek:

I am kind of having paranoia about the shipping of this thing...

So do you guys think UPS is going to be willing/able to ship from NY to SEA this thing wrapped in padding stuffed inside a wood pallet (!) inside a box full of spray foam? (lol)

Congrats!

Too bad we cannot Pony Express it to you across the country. Have different people running it from state to state. I don't know if we have anyone in the great plains, though to make that stretch.

UHaul Has a Nice FlatScreen TV Box that Should Work

But is kind of expensive: http://store.uhaul.com/Boxes/Electronics_boxes/Flat_Screen_TV_Moving_Kit

Or maybe shipper can hang out at a local big box electronics store and grab a box from a flatscreen TV sold for the Super Bowl.

From UPS, assuming 48" x 40" x 6" at 65 lbs. at $500 value from 12590 to 98102
UPS Ground 124.87 USD
Declared Value 4.50 USD
Fuel Surcharge 5.93 USD
Charges Per Package 135.30 USD

FedEx $113.94

Greyhound Package Express $75.75 but requires sender drop-off in Newburgh, NY about 11 miles away and recipient pickup at Greyhound Terminal in Seattle. Value limited to $300.

:)

Assuming it actually gets here in one piece, if I ever decide to sell it, you definitely have first dibs! :D

thanks guys

Xweb Pony Express would be cool, but by the sound of the guy, he seemed to have it under control. He apparently runs some sort of junk/scrap/parts yard(?) out there (not Fiat specific though afaik, sounds like just a generic yard that happened to have this thing laying around forever) but anyway he says he's not a stranger to shipping big/fragile stuff... so here's to hoping that it arrives safely... I'm talking to him again tomorrow you can be sure we're going over the shipping plan again! Thanks Dan for the info, that helped me to get my brain around it (mostly by reassuring me that at least somebody will do it!)

Crazy

You know what's so crazy about this whole thing, I wasn't here looking to buy even a valve cap, I just happened to be arriving on the index page when Yayo/Mario posted and it lit up the indicator thing out there so I just poked in like a dope to see what was up.. :eek:

I saw that ad and was so startled by it my next conscious memory was about 3 minutes later when I had walked half the length of a building and was already talking to the guy!! I guess I lost myself there for a second... :whistle:

Something else, its so rare anymore that I actually USE FSW (as opposed to deleting expired ads off the back of it) it feels almost foreign to actually use it! I feel weird sitting here thinking, "You mean people use this thing to BUY STUFF?" :confused: yikes haha ;)

I still kick myself...

...for passing on a running 74 with a Saratoga top and Daytonas, all for the low price of $500. I was young

Well done MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back