People have been asking.... So here the pics of the Prototype... BBQ Saturday Viewing

jjay911

True Classic
OK. But I am not going to reveal the entire car yet.. Here is why. I have been working on redesigning the interior, windshield and some other items.. So I will show you the carbon fiber and wood framing... And check back occasionally for some more teaser shots.... Or simply come by the house anytime on the weekend ( brink gloves and prepare to work) to take a peak.. JJ

Oh and if anyone is in OC tomorrow I am serving Chicken and Beer if anyone wants to hang out, talk cars, or do some work.. Work not necessary.. BBQ starts at 1pm..

949-910-1206 JJ

22.jpg

21.jpg

Last edited:
I almost forgot to mention. I purchased a Hickory Smoker.... Yummy BBQ tomorrow if anyone is hungry....:thumbsup:

Muhahahahahahahahahah.... OK one more teaser shot.. Its a full sized race car. 1000 lbs with coil overs the works...:thumbsup:

Here is another teaser pic.....

These pics were taken 20 years ago. The car is complete. I am just waiting to post pics because I have to finish the windshield and some minor details... JJ

48.jpg

Did you build this or purchase it?

Looks pretty cool and should be lots of fun. Was it from a design or just fabbed up along the way?

Very Nice

Very Nice JJ... Now to sneak peak the rest of the car..drum roll please :guitar::guitar::eyepop::eyepop::excited::excited::gong::gong::gong:

Lots of wood in there....

Is this car amphibious like your former 850? :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDHW3e-sco"]Custom Amphibious car - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsUKiWTj2aA"]Floating Fiat 850 - YouTube[/ame]

DSC08080.jpg

DSC08076.jpg

Sorry. Not until the car is completed. I must finish the windshield, seats, seat belts and some bumper repair. Then you can see the car..:italia:

Looks pretty cool and should be lots of fun. Was it from a design or just fabbed up along the way?

I purchased it as a 98percent completed car... It has raced in some series out in Florida about 10 years ago. Over 100 hours of race time on the car. The guy that developed it owns an aircraft engineering firm and built a mock up first then the car. The guy I purchased the car from traded an experimental Airplane for the car....

No Jim... The little barchetta was all aluminum and floated. This one is all carbon fiber,wood, fiberglass, and steel frame. There is also a lot of aluminum as well. I bet it would float if it were sealed properly but im not going to try... This car is a marvel of engineering. Maybe I will make best of france with the car.... We will see... :pigsfly:

No Jim... The little barchetta was all aluminum and floated. This one is all carbon fiber,wood, fiberglass, and steel frame. There is also a lot of aluminum as well. I bet it would float if it were sealed properly but im not going to try... This car is a marvel of engineering. Maybe I will make best of france with the car.... We will see... :pigsfly:

Only JJ would confuse a wooden box for a engineering marvel. :devil:

Sorry to remain so secretive but I really dont want to tell too much yet. Here is a couple of pics of the Scale mock up of the car before it was built. When I say that this guy was a builder I mean amazing engineering.. The final car doesnt look exactly like this but close. I will be done in 2 weeks. Stay tuned... JJ

If you must know It has a SOHC 1750CC engine and 5 speed....:laugh:

onethirdscale2.jpg

onethirdscale.jpg

Are you planning on racing it or registering it as a kit car for street use?
1750 sohc??....Ford engine?....

Back