Leather for the K20 X1/9

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
I'm stoked! Franks Upholstery called me today and said my seats and door cards were ready. I took off work early to pick them up, and since the weather was so nice (70 & sunny today) I installed them. Wow, what a difference from stock! I followed the same basic formula as the stock interior, but used black leather with perforated charcoal inserts. The smell alone is divine!

Some pics:

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

Total cost for seats and door cards in leather was $1299. A far cry from the original quote of $1800 for vinyl and $3200 for leather. A big thanks to Doug Smith in Allen for turning me on to Franks!

Pete

Interior

Looks fantastic Pete. Nice color choices, I like suttle two-tones. Funny how it makes the car seem to run better as well.

Very tasty indeed. A great choice of materials and colors.

Seems to be reasonable cost as well.

Karl

Very nice

Very nice indeed. I am going to replace my seats with leather seats soon. Will put in acter market seats I bought from Jeff. I have not thought about the door cards. I like the work he did on the door cards too.

You also redid the back wall and the spare trunk card?

Door cards

When getting the door cards redone, did the shop use the door cardboards as a template or used the original ones?
I am thinking of getting the dor cards reskinned but would probably need to replace one of the door cardboards.

Nice job again.

Mine were in good enough shape...

When getting the door cards redone, did the shop use the door cardboards as a template or used the original ones?
I am thinking of getting the dor cards reskinned but would probably need to replace one of the door cardboards.

Nice job again.

To reuse, so that's what I did. They wouldn't be hard to recreate in 1/8" plywood though. I used that when I did my sons 81 Z28.

Glad you like it, I am looking forward to tomorrows commute!

Pete

Well... I certainly hope you WASH it...

and vacuum the carpet also before you show it off tomorrow/today! Maybe a bit of "Auto Detailer" and a rag will help too!

Geez... those seats & door cards look GREAT. Congrats Pete!

Looks nice Pete!

Very well done. I love to see the stocker seats renewed rather than replaced when possible.

Did you consider doing the rest of the vinyl interior with the same material? (spare wheel "door", etc).

seat covers

Hello,

Original and NEW X 1/9 seat covers in leather are very competetive
We stock a set for 2 seats left and right for Euro 690 = US Dollar 893

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ciao,

Oh shuttt......now I need another ride on the car as its probably gonna feel like a completely new experience...lol.Plus i was so excited on the first ride that didn't get to press the phone camera button in order to record it...lol
Nicely done Pete!!!!

Back