X-HAUST In StainLess

TonyK

True Classic
I have been working on this system for about a month. Picked up the materials 5 months ago.

More details to offer in construction, just ask.

Componets.jpg

FinalAssembly1.jpg

FinalAssembly2.jpg

FinalAssembly3.jpg

Installing6.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNpSJx4CYzU"]YouTube - X Haust[/ame]

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

X-haust

That looks very nice. Did you do this yourself or hire out. ( if you hired out perhaps they would consider making another) Do you have A/C on this car? I think I see a modern flex pipe in there, is that correct?
Thanks for the post.

Hey TK... is that a CAT, Resonator, and a Muffler I see there?

Really great work... just how many hours did you spend... and if I may be so RUDE to ask, could you give us a breakdown on the cost of materials? It would appear to me in SS... we are talking some big bucks here... but I also gotta say it looks and sounds like a MILLION BUCKS also!

Congrats!

Time and Materials.

First off in answer, yes I built this myself. Materials are about $800 USD, but if you look at the first picture you will see 2 Chambered Mufflers. I installed 1 with the Racing Cat and Bottle Resonator. One thing that I cannot tollerate is resonance. So if the road testing provides a system that resonates then the second muffler will be installed with or without the Bottle resonator.

The Muffler is a Magna Flow, I could supply the part numbers, most don't know that you can purchase a chambered Magna Flow muffler. The perfomance shop I ordered it from was not informed that MagaFlow made chambered mufflers. The rest of the componets came from Viberant race supply.
http://vibrantperformance.com/catal..._1035&osCsid=62172de9c50873f47d97cbaa72388ec9

Fitting and Fabricating the 1st one is always difficult as in my head I know what I want, but obtaining clearances and fitting well that is another story.

I could most likely make another in a week. The first one took a lot longer than that.

I will do another post with progress pictures to give an idea of what is involved.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Last edited:
Thanks... and with all the RIGHT tools, jigs, and skillsets...

... about 40 man-hours initially... WOW!

Great to see your commitment... you go far beyond what I would attempt. You have my admiration!

Awesome!

Fabulous work. Wow, you went all out. Your advice helped me get on the SS bandwagon, and it's great to see your work laid out. Your design is beautiful and tucks up nicely out of sight. Do you have a pic with the grill up? That's actually one of my pet peeves, that after spending so much time on it, the whole system is pretty much out of sight...

Back