X Haust Progress Pic's Dialup Warning.

TonyK

True Classic
These are the steps to make this system. A lot of planning and Tig welding.

Follow the Pictures.

TonyK.

Flanges1.jpg

Flanges2.jpg

Flanges3.jpg

Flanges4.jpg

Flanges5.jpg

Metalforming.jpg

Metalforming2.jpg

Layout1.jpg

Layout2.jpg

Layout4.jpg

Layout5.jpg

Layout7.jpg

collector1.jpg

collector2.jpg

Welding1.jpg

Welding1.jpg

Welding3.jpg

Welding4.jpg

Welding6.jpg

Welding7.jpg

Welding8.jpg

Welding9.jpg

Welding10.jpg

Welding11.jpg

Welding12.jpg

Welding13.jpg

Welding14.jpg

Installing1.jpg

Installing2.jpg

Installing4.jpg

Installing5.jpg

Installing6-1.jpg

Questions?

Answers to Follow.

TonyK.

Last edited:
:clap:

I like it Tony. It looks like mild steel? I didn't take as many photos, but looks like we followed the same path, flange is here; collector will be here; tailpipe will be here; now lets make it work. I think you posted sizes before, but refresh my memory please.

Nice!

Is the little thing before the muffler... a CAT? That has to be the smallest CAT I've ever seen. Might call it a KITTEN. :laugh:

Material Sizes.

All parts made from 304 Stainless Steel
Mounting system Stock springs bottom of chassis mount extended on each side.

From my experience a flex joint must be installed at the location shown. Without it stress cracks will start at the bottom of the collector and first elbow.

Flange thickness .500"
Outlet runner at flange diameter 1.100" ( ID)
Runner size after cone 1.500" OD
Exit diameter after collector 2.250"

Exhaust tip 2.500"

Heat sheilding has been up graded as well, more posts to follow with this information.

Heat conductivity.

If we use copper as a base of 100%

Aluminium is 84%
Steel is 14%
Stainless Steel is 8%

What this means is the more heat will flow out the exhaust tip than a similar exhaust system made from steel. I am not saying that the pipe will not get hot, but heat transfer to the engine bay will be less when the made from Stainless Steel over mild Steel.

For the X this is of a benifit.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Shop Temps.

Ed, I live in Canada where winter is at times 0 degrees F or colder. My shop is insulated and heated, when I am out there I have the heat on, but I have a 12' x 10' steel corrigated door that isn't insulated. So temperature in the shop is between 40 to 50 degrees F. with very low humidity. I can sand blast steel in the winter and leave the metal open for 3 weeks and it will not rust. In the summer that same steel will be rusty in 20 minutes due to the 90% humidity.

Good mindful eye to catch that. I should have put on a pair of shorts and a Tee shirt for the video.

My suit was at the cleaners.

TonyK.

Aaaa, i was thinking, somewhere i did see it before...
Nice done TonyK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNpSJx4CYzU"]YouTube - X Haust[/ame]

Back