Fiberglass bumpers paint and installation

what you can do with a bucket of resin and fiberglass cloth.

IMG_0264.jpg

Somebody maybe remember I make my reproduction of those bumpers here is the link if somebody interested on this process.

http://trazia.com/x19/bumpers-fb.htm

I didn’t painted those sets just I used rattled can primer, I didn't feel me good to make a good paint job. When I finished my first set one of ours X members bought the set, I made my second set and other Xmember bought it, Finally I made my set of Europe Style bumpers on fiberglass and removed my original set to keep on storage.

After that I went to my neighborhood body shop and ask for how much to paint my set, I think it was pricey, the last time when I used a compressor to paint some VW fender was on late 90’s !! but after to ear the price for this job I decide to do myself.

I reviewed the craighlist from my area and I bought a HITACHI brand used compressor
Air guns from "Harbor freight"
and a pint of metalized black and material on the body shop supplier .

I did myself and I really like the results.
Finally I spend less money from the spected budget and now I have the tools for next projects.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Using Foam as a gasket.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Back side

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

The bumper on top is the original, the bottom one is the reproduction on fiberglass

IMG_0260.jpg

After installed, looks awesome!!

Front detail

CIMG1516.jpg

CIMG1520.jpg

CIMG1524.jpg

CIMG1523.jpg

CIMG1522.jpg

Rear view

CIMG1515.jpg

CIMG1514.jpg

CIMG1513.jpg

CIMG1511.jpg

CIMG1531.jpg

CIMG1529.jpg

Rear bumper block detail

CIMG1530.jpg

Clearance between the bumper blade and fender

CIMG1533.jpg

CIMG1532.jpg

Thanks for watching

yes...

Will you make any more, i.e. a production run????

Hi,
Yes I can Make under order request, This is not my job!, I make all this projects as a hobby and all depends the time I have left. Because every time when I started this project somebody asked if I selling it, this time I made an extra one (just in case.. lol )
I thinking to put on sale next Friday here first if somebody are interested.

Hi,
Yes I can Make under order request, This is not my job!, I make all this projects as a hobby and all depends the time I have left. Because every time when I started this project somebody asked if I selling it, this time I made an extra one (just in case.. lol )
I thinking to put on sale next Friday here first if somebody are interested.

Break out the fiberglass Ricardo! Your going to make at least 1 more set :)

Very cool and well done as always!

Impressive as always Ricardo

I can only wish I had your creative talents.
Well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kindest words guys!

Thanks guys,
I really am glad to exhibit my projects with you, that's the real strength to continue innovating things.
Unfortunately I have no space and time to do more ( or have another X1 / 9 :hammer:)

Regards.

So willl you??

How much will you charge for the set (front and rear)? Can I install them on a 1986?

I am interested in one. No rush.

Stephen

Yes it's ready for any X1/9 model 75/87

How much will you charge for the set (front and rear)? Can I install them on a 1986?

I am interested in one. No rush.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

The brackets is the secret. I developed this configuration on 2005 for my X1/9 (1979) with the original set of this Euro Style bumpers.
Fit to any model from 75 to 87 because they used the same bracket system.

Price I thinking to ask for a fair price if you think on all the parts involved on this setup (fiberglass pieces, bumpers supports, brackets, nuts etc.etc).

Friday I'll place on FSW the extra set I have with price. ( I do not want to break the rules if I put a price here and start to bid)

thanks for your interest.

regards.

Ricardo, let me know when the house next to yours is up for sale, I think if I lived next door my X would improve exponentially.:hypno:

Back