Anyone has a DALLARA used kit for sale in the US ???

goyal99

1987 FI White - 1976 Blue
or copy???

I wonder why no one has mass produced those body kits and panels??

Is there some copyright law to prevent that from happening??

I'm NOT looking for new panels or importing these either....I'm looking for something in USED condition (preferably), needing work is fine....

You can email me directly or off-line with leads

Thanks

Last edited:
Most likely there is no market for them. I would guess that even after buying the panels you would be into the car another $20K to finish it. There aren't too many people willing to dump that kind of money into an X19.

Yeah to do it right Matthew has a pretty good guess

By the time you are done you will have $20-$30K into it - even if you do the work yourself. You can buy many other cars for that same amount of which all are very cool and more dependable.

Maybe I wasn't clear as to what I was looking for....

I'm actually looking for an add-on body kit with the wide arches (front and back) to make my X look-like a Dallara clone, not for Dallara used vehicle...I have 2 Fiats already (actually 4 if you count the Spiders), so I'm only looking to source a used body kit for my X.

Those wide Dallara body panels are add-ons to the existing panels, right?? There's NO WAY the body panels alone are worth anything more than a $1K to make/copy/whatever out of fiberglass...I'm not looking for ORIGINAL factory pieces - a good copy suits me just fine.

Regards

Last edited:
The Dallara panels don't just glue on, they replace existing panels with extensive modification required. Meaning, as in the case of the fenders, the existing fenders are removed, with extensive support added for the new panels. Not just a body kit, but a partial body replacement.

Hmmm......Ok, thanks!

At least is there a source on the Web with dimensions on the Dallara X1/9 or the kit??

:shock: :shock:

Thank you for your quick responses....

I did some quick pocking around on the Web and found another interesting thread on fitting the Dallara kit:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?posts/34740/

According to an older post, Bayless had a "Dallara clone" kit (fender flares only and font lower lip) they were selling for $1,100. Which is close what I was looking to spend for a copy of fender flares. Not sure if they still sell this kit but I will check their website and go from there...

Any further comments are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Wide fenders for free...

Not what you're looking for,
but a different approach to fitting wide wheels.
In this case, 9" fronts & 10" rears.
Fabricated from sheet metal, cost is nothing but time.
If you don't want tread so exposed, can fab 'em to cover more.
In this case, I'm going for retro style to match flares on my '69 Camaro,
which runs 10" on all four corners.
And yeah...my house is purple, so you know I march to different drummer...
flares1.jpg

flares4.jpg

Wow, those look halfway decent!!! Nice job mate!

How much is shipping to NY 12603??

I think I'll take you up on your offer.....I do have some experience with fitting body kits (my Ferrari replica days).

Regards
(and your house color looks fine to me - mine is Green!)

Fender flares etc

I got a set of rear fender flares with the matching rear skirt. I got them back in the mid 80's from Germany through the tuning company HOERMANN.

They are made of fiberglass/plastic. They were not mounted only painted red for my car at the time.

My plan was to mount them but to get a clean look I would also need to use filler to not have the seam/edge showing. At this time my car is clean and I do not want to install them and re-paint my car. To have the rear look good you will need wider wheels or add spacers though.

I am not sure what they are worth. At the time the complete set included rear and side skirts, rear and front fender flares. I only wanted a wider rear so that is why I only got the rear items.

I might let them go for a price but I will not be home until mid January, so I can't email picutres or send them out at this time.

Yes, I would be interested to see your set when you're able to take photos...You can also email me directly as I don't check the forum all that often.

Once I get the wider look I will be looking for offset wheels/tires to fill those fenders...I really like the WIDE rear fender look...The wide front shape does not impress me much and the nose is kinda of ugly (in my opinion) on the Dallara kit. It definitely needs work!

Regards

If you're just after the look...

Once I get the wider look I will be looking for offset wheels/tires to fill those fenders...I really like the WIDE rear fender look...The wide front shape does not impress me much and the nose is kinda of ugly (in my opinion) on the Dallara kit. It definitely needs work!

Regards

Then so be it, but you should be aware that widening the track and using wider tires will drastically change the handling feel of the X. It will make the car feel very darty and have a bad tendancy to follow any grooves in the road.

If you only do the rears, it would probably not change the handling that much, other than to introduce a tendancy for understeer perhaps. But only doing the rears would not look balanced, IMO.

Pete

Yes, I would be interested to see your set when you're able to take photos...You can also email me directly as I don't check the forum all that often.

Regards

I wanted more rubber on my X and had always liked the Faza flare style. When Matt decided to make molds, I was (one of) the first in line to get them.

Not a ton of metal cutting required and you can get a nice look right away. They also function as increased air flow to the engine bay (at speed).

https://plus.google.com/photos/111057528691987659216/albums/5733516005570310737?banner=pwa

I am no expert here so please keep that in mind when reviewing these pics.

Keep in mind any cutting you do to the rear fenders means you will need to re-weld the inner and outer fender skins back together to keep it all solid again. The fronts do not have an inner skin so its a simpler job.

Nice lookng X

....and great job on the fitment & installation of the kit....

Thank you for posting the link so we can see the install process.

On a personal note, I'm not a big fan on the air scoop the way it looks on the X....I can understand the need for more air in the engine bay, I just don't like the overall effect. Just my personal opinion on the kit which I've seen on their website before.

I'll keep on looking and wait for something more reasonably priced to better suit my taste.

TIM!!!

That looks brilliant! Well done. :headbang:

I want a rear spoiler on our X but can't decide what to do. I don't particularly like the late model Bertone style. I had one like yours, but sold it with my Australian car. D'oh!

Cheers,

Rob

That looks brilliant! Well done. :headbang:

I want a rear spoiler on our X but can't decide what to do. I don't particularly like the late model Bertone style. I had one like yours, but sold it with my Australian car. D'oh!

Cheers,

Rob

You know Matt has the Faza style rear bonnet lid with the ducktail. Very cool. I got this tail from a member here and did the body work to attach it to the stock lid. It was an original Faza cast fiberglass piece.

mmm-ahhh dude are you out of your mind????

I have an original Dallara body from Bayless. IT WILL COST YOU BIG MONEY DO DO THE JOB!!!!!! Yes the body was $1100 us when I bought it in 1990 but tack on another $300 in body adhesives and body filler, tack on another $750 in paint and primer, and tack on another $2400 for wheels and tires tack on another $1200 in and adjustable suspension and tack on another........
Xstructure.jpg

fiatwheel.jpg

DallaraConstructionPrePrimer.jpg

RF3Quarter.jpg

S7300197.jpg

I can't imagine what the guys paid to have the body work done by someone else but at best it would be $8K to $10K if most of the body work was done by you. To be realistic you will need more power to push that larger frontal area body through the air stream and just for the head you are looking at $2000 at your door, let alone pistons, cam etc. It is not cheap. I have done 95% of the work myself, although much of it has been R&D I have about $35K in it spread over 22yrs. I will certainly tell you everything you need to save you time and cash but you will be $20K into it by the time you are done if you are doing it right.

Back