FEN/Xweb tech session: Fiat Fuel Injection 3/16

budgetzagato

Administrator
Tech session: Introduction to Bosch L-Jetronic Fuel Injection

March 16, 2013 10am-12pm, potluck lunch following

Tech session presentation will cover L-Jet theory, diagnosis, DIY repair, possible modifications. Questions follow, then potluck lunch.

Tech session starts at 10am at Gregory Smith's home garage in NE Olympia. Please RSVP for directions and to have a copy of the F.I. guide waiting for you. RSVP to 360-705-3193 or gfs*gregoryfsmith.com, or on our fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/564165323595510/

Gregory Smith recently converted his '77 Lancia Scorpion to Bosch L-Jet F.I. using parts from a Lancia Zagato and other Fiat and Lancia cars.

RSVP please...

We have 4 signed up so far, if you are considering coming say so. I'd rather have extra materials than too few printed up. :wink2:

Maybe

I am a maybe, as I also may have to work. But if I can make it, I'll be bringing the K20. I should be able to let you know on the Friday before and I'll post here.

Gerald

FEN Fuel injection tech session

Greg I am definately comming to your tech session! I am really looking forward to it.

Gerald, I would love to see your K20. I hope that you can make it.

George

I'll be there with or without my X. The head gasket is starting to leak oil pretty bad so it may not be healthy enough for the trip.

98% sure I will be there

Looking forward to it :)
I missed the fun drive, but this will be worth the long drive to learn something

I can't imagine NOT attending this if I were within a reasonable distance!

Maybe an amateur videographer could record the session and make it available online?

Custom handout...

Brad Artigue from Mirafiori.com's forum graciously created a custom F.I. manual for our workshop. It's a thing of beauty. I hope my seat-of-pants lecture can match up to it.

Thank you Greg!

I want to thank Greg for hosting this tech session. It was a great success thanks to the excellent job Greg did explaining how the Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection system works. It was great to meet Brett from Oregon too. Thanks for making the long drive up here to join us.

George

Wish I lived in the area...

Totally jealous. I would love to present my X1/9 as the ultimate test bed for the fuel injection session. That intermittent issue from months ago still rears its head every now and then, after all the components I've replaced and checked. A few extra brain cells on this one would be useful. But alas, don't live in the area.

Thanks Greg!!

I also want to thank Greg, for hosting, and for the great job in teaching the components and operation of the FI system. While I knew some things, I'd never had anyone explain the entire system and it was great to get educated on how everything works together, common failure points, etc. And the extra homework to list out compatible parts for us was excellent. Job well done, I'm very glad I made the trip.
It was also great to meet up with the rest of the group, great bunch of folks, good food in the potluck, great discussions, just a very good day! :D

Back