Lancia Scorpion parts!

Jeff Stich

True Classic
I have a few Lancia Scorpion parts for sale that I've salvaged from car #775 (5/76 build date) found in a local junkyard:

SOLD - ANSA 4-2-1 exhaust header, includes cat-delete pipe as shown. Good solid condition, no holes or cracks, surface rust only (but I'll likely media-blast it clean later tonight). SOLD (eBay)

SOLD - Engine coolant plastic reservoir/overflow tank. Good shape with no cracks or weak/brittle areas, excellent metal neck, some minor dirt/residue film at the bottom of the tank, but I've cleaned most of it out already. Includes upper mounting bolt/washer, small Cavis drain hose & tank metal cap (cap/seal might be shot, but I've included it anyway for reference if sourcing a new replacement cap at your local auto parts store). SOLD (Mark)

SOLD - Front radiator grille. Good condition overall, all mounting tabs intact except for the passenger-side lower tab (cracked on top, see detail photo), one bottom horizontal slat is cracked (near the same mounting tab previously noted) but is hidden by the stainless steel front trim, 4 of the 5 mounting screws & rear retainer clips are included (as shown mounted in place). SOLD (eBay)

SOLD - Dashboard instrument cluster, includes outer plastic housing & side upholstered pads, as shown. Original Jaeger Italia unit with "x1/20" designation on back. $50 SOLD (eBay)

SOLD - Turn-signal/high-low beams/windshield wiper switch unit. Good condition with nice solid "snappy" lever action. SOLD (Dave)

SOLD - Veglia analog clock for center console. Good shape overall, reset knob works(!), some light scratches on glass in the 4:00-6:00 quadrant, mounting brackets/hardware included as shown. SOLD (Tim)

SOLD - Engine lid release lever assembly. Good shape with no cracks, some light scratches on the lever. Mounting screw included. SOLD (Gregory)

Front fender "pininfarina" emblems. Fairly good condition overall, but all rear mounting studs are broken off (previous owner had simply glued the emblems to the car using clear silicone sealant, which seemed to work well). $25/pair

Horn button assembly. Assembly includes horn button, 3-tab style mounting/trim ring, rear spring & mounting nut/washer hardware. Fits original stock Scorpion steering wheel, also fits other OEM Fiat steering wheels that use the 3-tab style mounting/trim ring (ie: 850, early 124, early X1/9, etc.). Nice condition with one possible minor flaw; on the button itself, there's a very fine horizontal line just to the right of the Lancia emblem. I can't tell if this is a stress crack or a casting flaw (& I'm not about to try to pull it apart to see if the crack will open or not!), but I thought I'd point it out since it's very hard to see (oddly, it's more noticeable in the photo than to the naked eye). $20

SOLD - Dashboard rocker switch trio. Includes main headlights switch with outer mounting bezel, hazard/emergency flashers switch & rear window defrost switch. All switches have a nice solid "snap" action, no cracks & all side mounting tabs are intact. The internal clear mounting bezel for the fiber optic lighting (which illuminates the logo on the front of the switch) is also included with each switch (visible on the right side of each switch in photo #2). SOLD (Tim)

SOLD - Engine bay emissions/tune-up specs ID plate. Fair condition, some fading but still legible text. This is the alloy plate that mounts on the top/center of the taillight body panel/crossmember. Note that this is for a 1976 model Scorpion. SOLD (eBay)

All prices do not include shipping. I try to ship the cheapest/easiest way possible & do so at actual cost, usually via USPS Standard Post or Priority Mail, or via Fed-Ex/UPS Ground for very heavy/bulky items. If you're local & would rather pick up a large item in person, I'm open to that as well. :wink2:

Last edited:
I'll take the engine lid release assembly...

if it's not already spoken for.

Please PM me with payment instructions.

Thanks,
Pete

Im interested in the exhaust but Not sure when I will get your way..Maybe next week if its still available... JJ

Re: Other Scorpon parts?

I've had a few folks inquire about possibly getting other parts from this same car #775. I'll likely be going back to the car within the next few days, & am more than happy to grab something for any Scorpion owners in need, if possible. Just let me know. :)

That being said, larger &/or more-difficult-to-remove (or ship) items would obviously require a bit further discussion & likely pre-payment to me (via Paypal) before I'd go & pull them for someone.

Update

The engine lid release lever unit, coolant tank, turn-signal/wipers switch unit, Veglia clock, dashboard switch trio & emissions/tune-up ID plate have been SOLD. All other items listed are still available. The ANSA exhaust header/pipe unit is currently listed on eBay with the opening bid price met, so out of fairness I am going to just let that auction run its course as normal. :woot:

Last edited:
If you go back to the yard where the car is sitting can you take some pictures of the exterior body pieces? Hood / Doors / sheetmetal?

Might need a few hard items off the car.

Thanks
sean

Re: Sheetmetal

If you go back to the yard where the car is sitting can you take some pictures of the exterior body pieces? Hood / Doors / sheetmetal?

Pretty much all of the sheetmetal was in good shape, except for the engine lid (crumpled/folded). I just have 1 photo of the car:

76scorpion.jpg

A little more info in the body panels: I was back at the car again yesterday, & looked closer at the body. Hood is in good shape with some very minor surface rust under the rear edge (someone already took the hood grilles). Right front fender is dented at about 11:00 on the wheel arch (you can just barely see it in the photo above). Passenger door is good, but the rear fender is dented-in badly between the B-post & the wheel arch (down low). Right rear sail panel has a minor ding on the upper rear edge (someone dropped something on it), otherwise good. Driver side rear sail panel & rear fender are good, no damage. Drivers door has two 1"-2" dents in the center (the car next to this Scorpion fell off its stands & nudged into the door as it rotated). Front left fender is good to go, no damage. Though there are some surface rust spots found here & there on this car, it is surprisingly rust-free from what I've seen. Even the front trunk floor. :eek:

Last edited:
That windshield looks good...

it should definitely be saved if possible. Not in the market for one myself but I'm surprised no one has asked about it yet.

Pete

Yeah...

it should definitely be saved if possible. Not in the market for one myself but I'm surprised no one has asked about it yet.

I'd thought of it last week, but didn't really feel like doing all that work in the blazing sun (high-90's with no shade to work in), especially since I don't even own a Scorpion! :p

Discussing this car with a friend of mine last night (a former Scorpion owner, ironically), he convinced me to go back & at least try to save the windshield. We're expecting low-80's with a breeze today, so the weather just might be ok for it. :)

New photos...

SOLD - I finally got around to cleaning up the ANSA header unit a bit, mainly just knocking off the surface rust to make it look decent. The media in my friends' blasting cabinet lost its "edge" about 3/4 of the way through the job, so there's still a little of the old black/gray paint on some of the header pipes. Still, it's a lot better-looking now than before! :)

Photos:

Last edited:
Update #2 - MORE Scorpion parts!

I have a few more items from this same car, just finally getting around to cleaning them up a bit & taking photos...:snail:

SOLD - Fuel vapor charcoal canister, complete with both the plastic "hoop" bracket (fits around the bottom of the canister) & the larger main metal bracket (mounts the canister assembly onto the engine crossmember). Good shape, no cracks or broken tubes. SOLD (davidb)

Brake/clutch fluid plastic reservoir, includes lid & lower mounting clip. Good condition with no cracks. This reservoir is slightly larger than the one used on the X1/9, but can be used (in pairs) to replace the large square-type X1/9 reservoir that always cracks on top (& no 180º hose bend to worry about!). I have 3 of these available, as shown. $8 each or 3/$20

Front trunk carpet set, original 4-piece black carpet set in good condition, has 1 or 2 light stains that might come out with proper cleaning (I only vacuumed the carpet & sprayed it with a garden hose to clean off the layer of dust that was on it - some actual carpet-cleaner or a steam-cleaner would probably do wonders for this!). Set includes: the large center section (covers front/rear walls & floor), the left inner fender section (covers driver-side wall & shock tower, & the integrated plastic panels on the front/underside form the cover/stowage area for the headlight motor & air horn compressor), the right inner fender section (covers passenger-side wall & shock tower), & the front battery compartment metal wall/divider panel (a removable carpet-covered metal panel that forms the left/rear walls of the battery compartment). Also included are the 2 round black plastic caps/covers for the top of each shock tower (shown set in position in photos). $40

As stated before...

All prices do not include shipping. I try to ship the cheapest/easiest way possible & do so at actual cost, usually via USPS Standard Post or Priority Mail, or via Fed-Ex/UPS Ground for very heavy/bulky items. If you're local & would rather pick up a large item in person, I'm open to that as well. :wink2:

Last edited:
The strap is broken. Most are. There should be a short tab at the front that screws to the body and a long tab at the back with two studs that bolts to the hinged top.

Good rust-free front hoods are really hard to find, even in California. Kinda bulky though.

The strap is broken. Most are. There should be a short tab at the front that screws to the body and a long tab at the back with two studs that bolts to the hinged top.

Thanks for the info. I did notice the "long tab" part still fastened to each rear corner of the top, & kept wondering how it & the strap connected in the middle - now I know. :doh: I'll go ahead & remove the broken strap from the listing.

Back