Final Power Distribution Bus Bar

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Power Distribution Bus Bar (Final Design)

OK, finally finished the power distribution bus bar. I started out with a panel pass-thru post but the number of separate taps from that one post soon made it less than optimal. So I found a four position bus bar on eBay and installed it. It sits on the inner surface of the rear frunkwall bulkhead, behind the heater core and heater fan box.

Power Distribution Bar Numbered.jpg

Key:
1. Fuel injection power (single red wire)​
2. Bob Brown headlight relay power (dual red wire w/yellow heatshrink)*
3. Power antenna power source*
4. Power to ATC fuse box (2 wires)
5. Power to rear trunk area (to terminate in 12v aux outlet in trunk)*
6. Radio 12v constant power*
7. Main cable to starter and alternator
8. Main battery cable
9. Power window relay power (circuit design courtesy of Bob Brown)*
10. Wiper relay power*

*=denotes fused power

Note that the pix were taken from the position of laying in the driver's (left) footwell, so keep that in mind. For reference, the hole thru which the main battery cable goes thru the frunk bulkhead is to the right (pass) side of the car.

Boltheads give you an idea where it is on the inside of the frunk bulkhead.
IMG_2591.JPG

Came with a tidy protective cover, too.
IMG_3378.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent Job, very Clean install

BUT! Did you rotate the photo, just for clarity, because just looking at your own photos, it seems the Power Bar should look more like this:

Perspective

I suppose it depends upon your perspective!:innocent:

Lying on my back under the pedals, my pix are "right side up."

But from the perspective of peering into the car from say your knees, your pic is "right side up."

Just for kix, I added a comment to my original post to help people orient the pix.

Looks good...

That cover is probably a good idea, it's the first thing I thought of then I noticed the pic of the cover provided. :dunce:

Looks outstanding!

Was a little freaked-out (at first) by all the exposed "hot" connections but scrolled down to find the cover on it. Very nice -- that's a lot of copper!

Well done Dan!

I especially like the cover over the power bar. :thumbsup:
Can you tell us where you got that piece?
Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi Bob,

Here's an item that looks identical to what I got. Not sure if same seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Power...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c31b9141c&vxp=mtr

In case of link rot, ebay search term "power distribution post" will get you one page of results with this item on it. "Power distribution block" gets you over a thousand hits, too much to sift thru :mallet:

I considered the distribution-block-and-fuse-in-one-unit items, but decided that where I wanted to put it (tucked behind the heater fan box) didn't make sense....you'd have to pull the heater box to check for blown fuses.

Dan... you keep this up and will start calling you BOB!

Lots of good work here but I prefer to see it organized by size and color starting with the biggest and brightest on the left...

(HA!)

Not Bustin' Your Chops

I suppose it depends upon your perspective!:innocent:

Lying on my back under the pedals, my pix are "right side up."
But from the perspective of peering into the car from say your knees, your pic is "right side up."

Just for kix, I added a comment to my original post to help people orient the pix.

I thought you were from Philly not Brisbane? :wacko::mallet::)
One of my former gigs included photo details that could stand up in court. I could almost read your license plate from here. OK maybe just a 1/2 mile away, on a clear day, plus IR night vision cams that can pick up normal conversation from 100 yards away. :eek:

No, I wasn't Thomas Magnum, with his Ferrari 308 GTS,

but I did fall in love with "The Poor Man's Ferrari".
I made the mistake of using my 76 on the job once and found myself on a muddy mountain road.
If the drunk "Grisly Adams", Mountain Man type hadn't slipped in his muddy lawn and his buddies hadn't tried to hold him back, he might have broken more than my windshield, with his "Clubber Lang" fist, before I could get going. I really didn't want to have to shoot the poor guy over Child Support papers.:wacko:

Last edited:
Identify the relays

Are those two relays on the right of the batt for the wipers?
& one neet job.:)

Well Red... Now that the wiring...

can handle the LOADS placed on it... All ya need is an "economy" battery.

My $48 dollar Auto Zone batteries generally last me 6 or 7 years and then they crap out just before I tire of looking at them...

Battery Prices

Yeah! I understand NOW! I did some looking and THE RIGHT batteries are $100 to $150.00, with a Top End of over $200.00.

Back