FS: Lancia Scorpion (not mine)

drsnemann

Daily Driver
I came across this beauty behind a smog check station. While admiring the car, the owner of the smog check station saw me. He said he is selling the car for friend. He did not know the price.

The paint looks pretty good and has a protective layer of dust on top. There are a few door dings. The driver seat is in bad condition. The soft top is torn. The car looks complete.

It is located in Belmont, California. For more information call: 650-593-0230

Here are some photos:

z8jx.jpg

o3ow.jpg

gqho.jpg

9akh.jpg

y0u.jpg

n0sd.jpg

6j2u.jpg

hsog.jpg

qd6v.jpg

cy6g.jpg

d72.jpg

rvs.jpg

db0d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very complete.But also looks it haven't been run in some time judging by the cowebs alongside the rocker panels.It probably didn't pass smog test and was left for more possible buyer exposure?.....
Well someone go find out!!....JJ!!

Car doesn't look half bad, nice find. :woot:

What is going on with the door trim there? I wonder how you could fix that nicely.

That crappy 70's plastic!

What is going on with the door trim there? I wonder how you could fix that nicely.

It all disintegrates with time. Mine was in the same state. I stripped it all off, exposing the metal doorframe underneath. Cleaned that up and hit it with SEM Trim Black. Looks much better now IMO.

Pete

It all disintegrates with time. Mine was in the same state. I stripped it all off, exposing the metal doorframe underneath. Cleaned that up and hit it with SEM Trim Black. Looks much better now IMO.

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. I'd love to fix up a Scorpion one of these days. By the way, the red on your car and those wheels is spot on. :headbang:

Never dug the greens and golds too much on these cars. I hate to change the original color of a car though.

Any idea of a price?

There was a nice red Scorp sold recently on ebay, long term dry storage, with glass sails and a soft top. Looked good. About $2500. I really need to get out of debt so that I can spend money for silly projects, I'd really have loved to have had that one. And a Alfa V6....not a Stratos, but then I'll never own a Stratos and if I ever drove one I'd wrap it around a tree in the first three minutes.

interested in the Rims

If anyone decides to buy this car.. I'd be interested in the Wheels/Rims..

I think they would look good on my Yugo!!:nod:

Pete,

My Door trim has disintegrated as well. Did you leave the metal exposed? Did you fill in the 1"gap between the vertical door pillar and rear side window?

Thanks,
Ralph

Pete

After I took the plastic off...

there was a rubber strip on the trailing edge of the window to fill the area. The rubber strip is very similar to the edge of an X1/9 targa top.

The rubber strip does a nice job of filling the area without leaving a big gap.

I'm assuming this is all stock.

Pete

Well, I never detached it...

Pete

Without the plastic covering how did you attached the rubber trim?

Thanks Again
Ralph

It didn't come off when the plastic trim came off, so I'm assuming that's not what it attaches to. I'll have to take a closer look at what mounts it.

Pete

Nice Pics Thank you.......I talked to the owner, he is a nice guy......he is thinking of what he wants for the car.....i will probably be going up next week to see him and the car in person.........

Back