Project 86 X FS - Atlanta GA $1000 OBO

hiram6

Obi Wan Kenobi
Hey all, I'm having to face up to the reality that I'm never going to have a chance to finish my project X1/9. I'm looking for someone to take it on and finish it, and, believe me, I'm losing a bunch of money at $1000. At the same time I realize I have a non-running X that will need reassembly completed and then some bodywork.

Engine - I purchased this X from someones backyard a couple of years ago. It had not run in at least 5 years. I put some ATF in each cylinder, changed to fresh oil, and then, using a big ole socket on the crank, turned the engine over at least 10 times. No issues.
I had the car flatbedded to my house, and it's been in the garage ever since. A little over a year ago, a few fellow Xheads (Strangepod and JDXSquid) came over, we set the timing, and tried to fire her up. Turned over fine, we determined it was getting spark, but no fuel. It did sputter and cough a few times with some starting fluid.
We theorized that my injectors were shot/plugged. They were. They were sent off and rebuilt/cleaned. The shop said all 5 were 100% plugged. The 4 main injectors were cleaned, the cold start injector was replaced.
While I had it tore down to get to the injectors, I went ahead and tackled the water pump, timing belt, and thermostat. Timing belt and tensioner is on, and the water pump assembly and thermostat housing are ready to go back on.
So, basically the engine needs the alternator, compressor, water pump, and other accessories bolted back on. I have every confidence that she will fire up without too much headache, but I have no way of promising that it will.

Transmission - No way of determining condition. It seems to go into all gears, but I've never moved the car under it's own power.

Other mechanical - Radiator has been acid flushed and pressure tested by a shop. In excellent shape. I have all new radiator hoses, heater hoses, etc to finish the refurb. New braided fuel lines, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, fuel tank has been flushed.

Suspension and Brakes - All new calipers/discs/brake hoses. New Master cylinder not installed yet, New hoses for master cylinder included. New KYB struts all the way around, cut down rear springs in the front to lower nose to level.

Newly refinished TRONs with 185/60-14 tires.

Body - No accidents, no major dents. The rust cancer is present though. BUT the good news is it's almost all in one place. The windshield frame. More on that in a moment. Other rust areas include a little in front of each front wheel, right at the bottom of the fender lip. Also rust underneath the insulation in the rear trunk. Car had one dent behind the driver's side wheel that had surface rust, but no rust through. The only rust through on the exterior is the windshield frame.

So, about that windshield frame. It's probably beyond repair. Pics will tell the story. BUT, car will come with a 100% rust free windshield frame with intact windshield. Cut the old one out, weld the new one in, and you are good to go.

Interior - It's all there. No rust in floorboards, carpet is good, seats are good, a little sunfaded perhaps. Dash has one crack, and of course needs the glovebox door repaired.

Spares included:

• 4x6 Infinity speakers for rear shelf
  • Bob Brown headlight relay kit
  • extra dashboard in slightly better shape than original
  • spare tire with brand new tire
  • Pioneer amplified spare tire subwoofer
  • Factory repair manual included
  • Covercraft car cover
  • Heater box with heater core and AC
  • stainless steel coolant tank
  • Lots more I'm forgetting

Basically, in my opinion, everything is included that you need to reassemble, repair, and get the car running. I have well over a thousand dollars in receipts, not including what I paid for the car itself.

$1000 takes it all. I will not part out. If you want to part it out, I'm sure there is plenty of money to be made there, but I don't have the time.

So why am I throwing in the towel? Time and space. My job has, in the last year, gone from almost no travel, to almost 50% travel. On top of that I am moving soon from my suburban home with a garage to a downtown condo with a parking garage. Nowhere for a project car.

Here is a link to a google photo album with over 150 pictures. Some things that are pictured but not included are the OZ wheels in early pics, and the Biturbo wheels. There are also a couple of pics of the junkyard X I cut the windshield frame out of.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102681654315760982835/albums/5740542669320943441

Car is located in Lawrenceville GA, just NE of Atlanta. $1000 OBO is my Xweb price.

I hate it that you have to sell

I'd love to buy it, but the divorce would be considerably more than $1000 !!! This car is an outstanding deal. Other than the windshield frame, the car is solid.

WOW, I am shocked! As Jim said that is a tempting item, but no place to put it... gezzz sorry to hear that you are getting out of it but who ever gets it will be getting a good deal (with some work). As Hiram said and I will contest that every is like he said. I personally think that the engine is solid and put the injectors back in and she will fire right up. I helped him this time last year personally with getting the donor windshield frame out of the scrap yard and it is in good shape - weld it in and have a nice day...

John

Hey guys, i might be violating rules by bumping my own thread, but this is still for sale. My relocation is coming up fast, and I really need to narrow down my fleet. I've sold 2 cars in the last week!

I really think this is worth $1000, so I'm not coming down. If it doesn't sell at that price, I'll tow it to VA and stick it in my Dad's garage.

Interested

Hey, just saw this. I'm in louisiana trying to find an x close by. Sending PM with my contact info
Godspeed!
Dave

Back