X1/9 Car Cover Report

Colltech

'85 and '83
Since adding a second X1/9 to my collection, my 3 car garage leaves me with at least two vehicles in the driveway all the time. My wife refuses to give up her spot and my Acura NSX will always trump other vehicles. I have a vintage Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special wedged in there and one spot reserved for the 1983 X1/9 I am restoring. So now, my driveway looks like the Beverly Hiullbillies live there. My recently restored 1986 X1/9 is the unfortunate victim and has to live outdoors until I can build a car barn. Thus, the need for a cover!

I took a chance and ordered one of the many "unfitted" covers available on eBay. I went with the "17 layer" model for around $81.00. My expectations were low but upon its arrival I was VERY pleasantly surprised. This is a quality cover that while not "fitted", fits very well indeed. There is a bit of slack but its acceptable. The cover is very wind resistant, totally waterproof, nicely soft against the paint and extremely easy to put on and take off.

In summary, if you need cover and don't want to blow $400, I think these are a very reasonable option. The seller was:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/autoarmour-auctions
There are many other less costly grades available and frankly, I have no idea if there actually "17" layers in there but for $81, I think its a bargain!

Just FYI.

Ed

Hi Ed

Can you post a few pictures of the cover on the car? Also, which specific item code did you select for the closest fit on the X1/9?

Thanks + regards

Rehan

Car cover model number and detials

Below is a copy of the email confirmation from my order. I will try to post pictures soon. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ed

Seller: autoarmour-auctions ( 34551 )

17 Layer Car Cover Fleece Lining Waterproof Soft Breathable Indoor Outdoor 17244 ( 171190365760 )

Dec-09-13 $81.95 Free 1 $81.95
UPS Ground
Estimated delivery: Wed. Dec. 11 - Tue. Dec. 17

Subtotal $81.95
Sales tax $6.76

Total $88.71

Below is a copy of the email confirmation from my order. I will try to post pictures soon. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ed

Seller: autoarmour-auctions ( 34551 )

17 Layer Car Cover Fleece Lining Waterproof Soft Breathable Indoor Outdoor 17244 ( 171190365760 )

Dec-09-13 $81.95 Free 1 $81.95
UPS Ground
Estimated delivery: Wed. Dec. 11 - Tue. Dec. 17

Subtotal $81.95
Sales tax $6.76

Total $88.71

Thanks!!....snd the guy is in TX?...charged you taxes!

Cover Photos

Here are some photos of the cover fitted to the car. Its VERY easy to put on and take off and appears to offer excellent coverage.

Ed

no tax to Oregon :)

Thanks Ed for the pointer and the review!

Paid my $81.95, no tax for me :)
I have one X-1/9 sitting outside full time right now too. Actually, I have two outside. I'll see about maybe getting a 2nd after I see how well I like the first...

Not bad!!...im gonna get one for my 128.You are in Austin right?...Are you aware Fiat America(old FLU) local chapters are having a fun weekend run close to you in March?...ill pm you a link to it later today in case you are interested.Unfortunately i cant go...:sigh:

FIAT Club gathering?

NO, I was not aware! But if you can send me the info, I will be happy to share it with the other two X1/9 owners in Austin. We found each other last year and are beginning to go to events together. Its pretty coincidental but all three are 1986 X1/9s in red! We make quite a pretty wagon train.

Ed

Back