1976 Fiat 128 Pickup Truck

olerascal

True Classic
NOT MINE, go to CL post if interested.
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4708764893.html

Flying buttress roof line & opera windows make it nicer than many conversions.

128pickup_zpsca6aac9c.jpg

It has a 4 cylinder, 4 speed and runs and drives. The brakes and fuel system have been rebuilt. Rusty and needs further work, but is a great little fiat project truck. Call for more information. Clean WA title. Cash only. $1800 (Washougal Washington, near Portland Oregon)

Ute

Since our down-under friends love their "utes," I have to think that if this were more visible (such as on eBay), some adventurous soul from Australia might snap it up to have shipped home.

Since our down-under friends love their "utes," I have to think that if this were more visible (such as on eBay), some adventurous soul from Australia might snap it up to have shipped home.

I think they'd be more apt to source one from South America (Argentina, et al) or even closer from South Africa, where they're known as the Fiat 128 Bakkie.

Is that a conversion or was that a factory thing? The bed area seems odd but the interior looks pretty good. Clean dash and seats at least what you can see.

Fiat 128 Bakkie from South Africa don't have rear side glass and rear is different with the lights of Fiat 128 Station Wagon.

Love it!

Been eyeballing that 128 truck for a week or two now. Could be a very cool addition to somobody's collection! Unfortunatly limited funds this year will prevent me from adding it to mine...*sigh* :sad:

Been eyeballing that 128 truck for a week or two now. Could be a very cool addition to somobody's collection! Unfortunatly limited funds this year will prevent me from adding it to mine...*sigh* :sad:

Looks like a pretty good job. Is it custom or did Fiat make them? I chopped a 75 into a pickup in the 80's. It looked a lot like the one shown except mine was yellow and didn't have the opera windows and I didn't do a tailgate. As I suspected would happen after a few months the doors started jamming so I reinforced the rocker panel area to stiffen the body.

Back