Help - Removing Door Window Trim???

pwhnts5

My 6' 4 Sons hate my X's
I know I read this somewhere before but can't find it. What is the trick to removing the door window trim, I have looked and looked but can't find what holds them and don't want to pry on them until I am sure. I thought I read there are some screws holding it but can't seem to locate them.

Please advise.

PW

until a better response shows up; little philips screw in the felt on the rear ward side, press fit after that, from memory and I've a few beers in me so take it for what it's worth

mouldings

depending on the year, yes the outer have a tiny Phillip's screw at the rear. total pain to find without messing up the felt. there's "s" shaped clips that hold on the rest. the outer used the same clips on early models and then they went to a plastic pinch type that ran along the length of the door.
mikemo

The screw is only for the interior trim if I recall correctly, located on the outboard end of the trim, accessed from the window slot.

Got it..

The outer trim came out with just a little prying. The inners are going to stay in place, the little screws are messed up from the PO who must have tried to get them out with a monster screw driver. No rust around them so they should be okay.

PW

clips

if you need a couple of clips, I can send them you in a padded envelope so their yours for postage.
mikemo

Back