Plasti-dip and roof hooks

A man of few words I see.
So, you dipped the hook and coated it up. Have you used it yet? I wonder how well it will take the abuse.

A picture tells a thousand words Jeff hehehe

They've had several dips since yesterday. I'll let them dry more overnight and try them tomorrow.

It's supposed to be rugged enough to coat tool handles so it might be up to the job. I'll let you know. I have to admit they coated better than I expected and it's only about 6 bucks and change from Home Depot.

Now I'm looking for other things I can dip!

I dipped my whole car!
Looked good for quite a while. Has really started to wear off by now (two years on it). May dip it again this spring, if not a "real" paint job.

Nice looking repair there, Rob......!

......I have to admit they coated better than I expected and it's only about 6 bucks and change from Home Depot.....

The roof hooks on my X look a bit similar to yours - pre the dip treatment!
No Home Depot's down here - does the product you used look like it may be available from the likes of Mitre10 or Bunnings Hardware here in Down-under Land?

cheers, Ian - NZ

Lawsa, you're not gunna like this

You can buy it in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

But they're gunna gouge you for it!

http://www.homershams.co.nz/shop/Ad...ings/429+ml+Can+of+Plastidip+Std+Colours.html

I just reinstalled mine and put the roof on. I had actually applied too many coats and had to trim some of it off. It was fully cured and now the roof is tight as a drum. We'll see how it lasts.

Great game yesterday, and I have to say the better team won.

Cheers,

Rob

Not a squeek or a rattle

Went out for a short drive, no noises at all!!! I guess I didn't realise how much my roof moved around and made noises.

Silence now :thumbsup:

Targa roof hooks repair

....You can buy it in the Land of the Long White Cloud.
But they're gunna gouge you for it!

Gulp, gasp!! $35NZ for a 429ml can. Thieving bstrds! :mad3:

Great game yesterday, and I have to say the better team won.
Yeah, mate - I have to agree that the AB's outplayed the Wally's on the day!
The Wally's started the 2nd half with a bang, but couldn't keep going for long enough!
Trouble is that half of the current AB's are retiring now, so we are going to have to look for some new blood in the future. :help:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Nah, Brian - full of confidence, mate....!

....I reckon Laswo was getting a little twitchy when it was 21-17.....

.....our fine lads were just taking a breather for a few minutes before pouring on the heat again! :whistle:

Hey Brian, I got your PM a week or so ago, and tried to reply to you - but the bl**dy PM system just kept backfiring my reply.
I often seem to have trouble with that PM system - dunno why?

Hope you had a good break in our sunny (sometimes) North! :sun:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back