Look what's up for sale - again!

Colltech

'85 and '83
We've all seen this X come up on eBay several times. Now, its back at $39,999!!! Maybe the seller is "on vacation"? :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-X1-9-T...fa702611:g:yPkAAOSwvUlWso0T&item=231834920465

Does anyone actually know anything about this car aside from the fact that two or more years later the seller STILL hasn't found time to install a battery and 2 spark plug wires?

Its an Irvine CA car so I would think you SoCal guys might know it.

Just curious.

Ed

At least he took it off the flatbed....

...but just in case you were disappointed he included the last pic :headbang:

I know this guy pretty well. I have seen the car.

He has been on vacation for about 4 years now...:rolleyes:

Dreaming

It's almost like he has another agenda such as trying to convince his wife he really is trying to sell the car without worrying about ever losing it.

Others are just dreamers. A guy bought my 79 spider this summer for $2,900 and after having a dent around one headlight repaired he now has it for sale on Craigslist and sometimes eBay for around $10,000. I'm not upset, I got what I wanted out of it but find it amusing that the price is very unrealistic for the condition of that car. Maybe these types are just fishing and may actually land a clueless idiot.

carl

Carl after owning a few hundred cars I can tell you that there are only two types of Car investors................... Sophisticated and Unsophisticated. There is no middle ground.

There is a guy here in Orange county that has had his 87 Black X for sale for the last 6 years. The car has 250,000 miles on it and he is asking 7000 dollars. In that same time he has had 3 volvos for sale as well. in the 6 years he has all the cars on Craigslist he has not sold a single car. Some people just do not know what they are doing. As for the guy with the PBS car.... He is another story.. He has a bit of sophistication but is definitely too in love with the car to let it go at this point.

One of the zillion ads this guy posted talked about a problem with one of the cylinders and some blue-smoke...said he bought it that way and it "wasn't really a problem..". uhh huuh - yeah bllue smoke and a 'problem" cylinder could mean really bad news. Even if the guy was asking a realistic price for this car - say 4,000 or 5,000 bucks even - the car still might not even be worth that if the engine has a serous problem. And if it needs a rebuild - where, exactly, do you get all those supposed PBS parts to do the rebuild? I've never been able to figure out if the guy is just a total idiot or someone hoping to scam someone - but I tend to think it's one or the other. Either way this car is a no-go.

Back