Drone Killer: CC Insert

artz1731

True Classic
CC insert was installed today and I couldn't be happier. I used the three ring version installed about 2" after the collector on the Vick's Header. I used a stainless steel kettle cleaner and packed it between two rings.
I can't notice power loss and it still sounds great when I want it to. Took it for a 15 minute drive and the annoying drone is completely gone.

I'm using one with the Allison's header, also three rings. I may pull it back out and use just two, its actually quieter than I want (though still louder than the wife wants). I didn't use any additional packing or anything. It sure does make a huge difference.

CC insert

What are CC inserts and where do you get them? At first I thought you were referencing something like Supertrapp mufflers with the insertable plates.

carl

everytime I see this thread title I think, "oh good, an easy way to shoot down those pesky drones".....

Yes I did stick with the Vick's muffler. I don't know why but I forgot to take a picture of it before I installed. I might be able to get away without any packing but I think I'll leave it as is for now. I can remove it with relative ease so if I want to remove the packing at some point I can. I was very skeptical when I purchased it, now I'm very impressed.

I would be concerned about the wool becoming compressed / restricted over time. Assuming no freezing temps were you live where the normal water production cannot block passage in the event of frigid temps?

No wool. It's a Stanley kettle cleaner. Not sure if you have ever heard of Stanley products but I'm sure many on this board have. My grandmother used them all the time. I just decided to make it a car part.:)

Back