Alignment Specifications

RicB

True Classic
I was looking over Chris O's Ebay ad for his X and he stated: "is aligned to Hoelscher street specifications". So what are these specs? I've cut a coil off my stock front springs and have new KYB struts so perhaps with these mods, they might be better specs than the stock specs? Thanks.

In short...

A little nose up (1/4" to 1/2")

A little toe in on the front (1/16")

A little toe out in the back (1/16")

This is from memory, might be a bit more toe in and out...

Sounds wacky, but works well for autocross.

Eric

Actual alignment settings and suspension set-up depends much on many factors. how the car will be driven, roads/track involved, suspension settings and set up.....

Bottom line, set the alignment to yyzz, drive it and see how you like it and go from there. There is no specific magic setting for this chassis under every condition, it's always a trade off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was looking over Chris O's Ebay ad for his X and he stated: "is aligned to Hoelscher street specifications". So what are these specs? I've cut a coil off my stock front springs and have new KYB struts so perhaps with these mods, they might be better specs than the stock specs? Thanks.

I can tell you what i run....

And it seems to work okay.

Front toe 1/8" in
Rear toe 1/8" in

Ride height is pretty low, but I do run the front 1/4" higher than rear.

For camber, I just take what I get. It is about 1 1/2* - 2* negative front, about 2 1/2* rear.

Primarily street driven with an occasional autocross.

I used to run 1/16" toe in on the front, but the car liked to hunt too much on the freeway. That little toe may work if you have fairly smooth freeways, but in Oregon, the interstate highways are rutted pretty heavily. Fortunately, an X is narrow enough that I can straddle the ruts and run on fairly smooth road.

Ciao,

I can't imagine you would want toe-out in the back on the street. Just my :2c:
oh you should try it, its a RIOT! the rear stays planted but feels like its coming around faster than it should, and the street mannerisms are pretty civilized, ive been driving with these specs for a month, i will NEVER go back!

Back