New pic w/wheels on

budgetzagato

Administrator
Since the weather cleared briefly this afternoon, I thought I'd snap a beauty shot of the Scorpion with the Maserati wheels on it. These are the two-tone 6.5" wide ones. I like the look. :)
IMG_0763.jpg

The Bertone was picked up yesterday and is safely in Canadian customs which should only take a few days. Always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts from afar. The new owner is an autocrosser among other things, I think he said his daughter is a co-driver. That's me and Hazel in another 5 or 6 years I hope. :whistle:

Looks very good indeed. I noticed your new profile pic which also looks very nice.

Are you thinking of doing the Monte Carlo headlight treatment or the 4 headlight arrangement?

The wheels look great, do they have the same relative offset as the OE wheels or do they have a bit more poke outwards (deeper dish)? There seem to be some decent 14" tires still which is good.

Looks good Greg!

Since the weather cleared briefly this afternoon, I thought I'd snap a beauty shot of the Scorpion with the Maserati wheels on it. These are the two-tone 6.5" wide ones. I like the look. :)

The stock 13" bowtie wheels are just way too small for the car, IMO. They are lost in those relatively large wheel wells. I am running 15" rims on my car and there is probably room for even larger. But I think 14's or 15's is a good size for the car.

Pete

Looks good Mark...

I like the quad round headlight look too. And the side view mirrors... did you get glass for them or did you use plexi like I've heard of some people doing?

I'll get there eventually. :)

The mirrors are X1/9 and the glass replaced with lexan.

I like the quad round headlight look too. And the side view mirrors... did you get glass for them or did you use plexi like I've heard of some people doing?

I'll get there eventually. :)

I must admit to this being my favorite variation on a Monte, is there any chance you could make a separate thread with more pics of this car and what you did to create this car? One showing more of your other past and current Lancia's wouldn't be out of line either :)

Many thanks

Karl

Looks familiar
77newscan7.jpg

Hi guys, newbee here. Wheels looks great on the Scorpion! Has anybody tried to put a set on a X1/9? If so, what tire size would you guys recommend to put on for X1/9 with the Maserati wheels? Look forward to your opinion.

Bert

Budgetzagato had those wheels on his X for years. It looked very good indeed.

Last edited:
Biturbo wheel fit...

Hi Bert,

I had these on my Bertone X1/9, but I think a 14x6 Biturbo is probably a better fit. I have a set of 5 I repainted (repainted 4, 1 left original as "spare") in silver that I likely will be selling after verifying the 14x6.5 fit my Scorpion well. Let me know via pm if you're interested.

These are them right after painting:
IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Good job on the paint there, Gregory

Nice work. Worthy of a scorpion trailer queen. :king:

If you sell those wheels let me know because I might be interested. I have a factory Scorpion repair manual I could throw in on the deal too.

Hi Greg
Thanks for offering the Maserati wheels. Maybe in the future. Looking to repaint the X1/9. Maybe Lamborghini Orange?

Bert

Back