This week's boneheaded move...

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
So I'm working on the 037 tribute car trying to finish off the emergency brake system. I get all the custom modifications in place that allow for the extended wheelbase, and begin to tighten the system to adjust it.

Hmmm sure is taking a lot more tightening than I anticipated... that's weird... Man, it's STILL not tight, wheels move freely and I'm running out of adjustment, what the heck.

It was about then that the tiny (very tiny lately) voice of reason in my head says "Are there any rear pads installed?" Doh!

Pete

Last edited:
We all do them. I have one I am posting in about in the what did you do today forum. Thanks for posting.

(should I ask if you have any pictures)

: smiles :

Well both would be cool.

I will tell on myself what I did today.

changing the frunk hood latch I used a whole saw to make a hole in the center of the firewall to make installing, handling easier.

guess what was RIGHT behind the firewall, Clutch feed line (to the Master).

not tough fix but.. a bone headed manover

Ouch.

I don't have any pictures of boneheaded moves, I tend to delete those for plausible deniability reasons. There are plenty of pictures of the 037 project in my blog about it, that can be found in the link in my signature.

Pete

Try towing a small SUV home in an enclosed trailer and then realizing you left the key in the ignition and the only way in is through the hatch...which is locked.

The nice man from the local locksmith unlocked the hatch so I could crawl in and get the key so I'm now ready to roll it out as soon as my buddy who owns the trailer comes by to help. My bone head mistake cost me $150....ouch!

Back