CSC header muffler combo

ecohen2

True Classic
Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I found a shop that will import it and apparently it has a catalytic converter built in..

Thanks,
Ed
gpedaegkfebfkbne.png
idfkpilgonefelke.png

No experience with it but I like that it is a 4:2:1 design. Is the cat inside the muffler? What's the cost imported to the US?

Ive read, that they are "too loud", but I suppose that is subjective. I wear ear plugs from time to time, with my current setup, so I doubt the CSC is "too loud".

I sent an email to the shop I have been speaking with and hopefully they will respond to this thread with pricing etc...

Given the style of the setup and the fact that it has a catalytic converter I doubt it is too loud. I had a similar CSC exhaust system on my Lancia Scorpion that had a deep sound... I am looking forward to this...

Ed

system doesn't look like it has a cat; it would fail the visual inspection here.

The other EU systems are just bonkers loud. Unusably loud. It used to make me feel dizzy driving to work because the drone was so bad. I could feel my eyes vibrating in my skull. Fitment is also questionable.

Gwbfiat, you might be right about it being a 4:1. I'm traveling and viewing it on my phone so can't see too well.

Hey Dr. Jeff, I can totally relate to what you are saying about trying to properly understand what it is that you are seeing when you are viewing it on your phone. I actually hate looking at pictures on my phone for that very reason.

If the price of this system is not too out of reach and the sound is not too loud, it actually looks like a very cool setup. I can hardly wait to hear more about the cost and sound of this system. Makes you wonder why none of the local vendors of Fiat parts in the US don't offer this system for sale.

George

George, I admit I pretty much hate doing anything on a phone other than making a call.
CSC has a couple different designs available. But until I get back home on my computer in a couple days I'm not going to try to review their site.
I think most of CSC's headers are more of a track/performance type.

Here in Europe, the CSC exhaust is pretty common in the non-cat, mild-steel version.
On these, the design seems to have varied over time. Some of them are loud, some of them aren't loud at all. Some have a bigass exhaust tip, some more like stock.
A couple of people have had problems with cracks, I think where the mount is attached to the muffler, but this can easily be welded up.
I think the fit was mostly good.
Overall, not a bad system.

One guy recently bought the version with quad pipes and it was unbearably loud with a nasty drone.

The stainsless steel version with integrated cat was first available with the exhaust pipe on the left and combined with a controller and an air valve to add lambda control to carbed Xs. This saved taxes in Germany.
I have never heard of this version being loud.
So one could assume that the version above (for FI cars with integrated cat, exhaust tip on the right) would also not be loud. But who knows.
I don't think anyone on the german forum is using this version, otherwise I could ask.

Ed, as others have noted, I don't think the model shown in the picture above has a cat. You might want to double check with the shop about the cat version fitting your car.

Given the design and that I had virtually the identical one on my Scorpion, I don't think it will be that loud...
Ed, as others have noted, I don't think the model shown in the picture above has a cat. You might want to double check with the shop about the cat version fitting your car.

I did... The vendor confirmed it with CSC and apparently it has the catalytic converter in the muffler. I was very clear that if it does not, I will have to return it. The cost of the muffler would justify a converter internally... OR the photo does not show the actual piece...

Ed

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I found a shop that will import it and apparently it has a catalytic converter built in..

Thanks,
EdView attachment 4918View attachment 4919

I know the guy who worked with the vendor to have this system developed (Raffi from Zurich). I have been for a drive in his car which has the original prototype of the system. It is certainly loud but not with the annoying drone that my 4 outlet CSC (ANSA copy) muffler has.

I know that they used to offer it in both stainless and mild steel version but as I recall it was really expensive (900 Euros).

I can confirm that the version pictured has an integrated 200 cell cat. How much did you pay, just out of interest? I'd have expected it to be exorbitantly expensive shipped to the US...

Cheers,
Dom.

A couple of people have had problems with cracks, I think where the mount is attached to the muffler, but this can easily be welded up.

One guy recently bought the version with quad pipes and it was unbearably loud with a nasty drone.

+1 on both points. My mount fell off completely (left a nice, perfectly square hole). Drone is (was) too annoying to put up with.

The stainsless steel version with integrated cat was first available with the exhaust pipe on the left and combined with a controller and an air valve to add lambda control to carbed Xs. This saved taxes in Germany.

You're not thinking about the Schnitzler one are you? This system is relatively recent (circa 2009) and only has an O2 sensor bung. The Schnitzler one had the lamba controller and worked on carb and FI cars.

Dom.

Hi Dom,
Yes, I was thinking about the Schnitzler exhaust. It looked to me like it was also made by CSC, but maybe I am wrong.

I would like to know the cost too. Looks more like a 4:1 design to me though.
Looks like a very short primary 4:1 to me. From my book knowledge those are best fitted on high revving race engines, and not good for torque down low like you want on street car. The headers sold by US vendors have much longer primaries.

Compared to a stock US manifold, this system is sure to be an improvement.
Compared to the US 1974 system or a euro carb system, not so sure.

But I agree with you, this is not top choice for a high performance motor.

My motor is completely stock so this should be a slightly improvement... I am limited in my exhaust choices because of the Corsa body kit and only having a passenger side cut out...

Back