K20 Build at Midwest

You have come a long way. All down hill from here ;) I was toying with a different approach to a k24/20 install and have the intake mani point the other direction than the stock setup. Allows for a high performance kTuned intake manifold and removes the need to run the custom throttle body "neck" or having to customize the fuel tank or the metal around it. More power too :D

G1HLf-LN1U_f46UYOw0TATV7bL_heVIb8mpTZwULZzKJFvnzrt3F5cLFlg3dOqs9Dy8wNz28=w3414-h1952
So would you be trying to have them make a version of it that curved the intake pipes up so the plenum is above the injectors, adjacent to valve cover so there is no need to intrude into the spare tire compartment? Or are you speaking of the one that uses a center (bottom) throttle body location?

https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=36216

So would you be trying to have them make a version of it that curved the intake pipes up so the plenum is above the injectors, adjacent to valve cover so there is no need to intrude into the spare tire compartment? Or are you speaking of the one that uses a center (bottom) throttle body location?

https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=36216
For some reason my image didn't load - try that again:

20170908_1700431-1-1024x576.jpg

This mani can be configured to position the TB on either side. You can use it for the normal config on a FWD Honda or Acura or the Honda s2000. It get's a little tight, but you can then point the air intake down toward the right side air duct. This is the setup I am going with my all-motor build this time around.

For some reason my image didn't load - try that again:

This mani can be configured to position the TB on either side. You can use it for the normal config on a FWD Honda or Acura or the Honda s2000. It get's a little tight, but you can then point the air intake down toward the right side air duct. This is the setup I am going with my all-motor build this time around.

It still intrudes into the spare compartment, but (not pictured) a very small amount. It does however affect the pulley configuration however I was going with an electric pump so I lose the upper pulleys anyway:

KWP-TK_New_Water_Plate_Kit_06.jpg

This is the same pump I used for the air-2-water intercooler I used on the supercharger and it moves a TON of water so a good choice for reducing pulleys thus creating more room and increasing power as well.

Man.......

A year and a half in... I can't even begin to imagine how nice it would have been to drop my rusted out, wrecked, left for dead turd off somewhere and come back to a complete engine swap and a nice new paint job!!! Looks like Matt and the gang are doin what they do!

Can't wait to see the finished product...

Well, she's back from paint and looks amazing. The pictures don't do justice, the blue disappears in them. With the rims I picked it will make the blue pop. Brayden has done an amazing job working on my car. Ooooh, I am so excited, that much closer to the first drive.
Smoked Chrome.jpg
IMG_20171019_140941076 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_140845181_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_140845181_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_140858333_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_140911541_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_141026851_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20171019_095501275_HDR (Medium).jpg

Well, she's back from paint and looks amazing. The pictures don't do justice, the blue disappears in them. With the rims I picked it will make the blue pop. Brayden has done an amazing job working on my car. Ooooh, I am so excited, that much closer to the first drive.
View attachment 5905 View attachment 5904 View attachment 5903 View attachment 5903 View attachment 5902 View attachment 5901 View attachment 5900 View attachment 5899

Looks a lot like Polar Ice Metallic, the top color in the later cars' blue two-tones, like mine.

Looking really nice! Since I'm not too far away, maybe you could set aside some time to show it off a bit when you get it back to Oshawa????

Brian

Looking fabulous. It’s going to be a great looking car and due to the other ingredients will really go. Shame about the time of year...

Looking really nice! Since I'm not too far away, maybe you could set aside some time to show it off a bit when you get it back to Oshawa????

Brian
Looks like I won't be showing it off till the new year. Will let you know when and where.

Back