K20 Build at Midwest

Well I was sleepless for the last week waiting in anticipation for "The Email" hoping it came soon enough to beat the weather. When Brayden sent me the email I checked the weather and we were good to go. I called my best bud and fellow X1/9er Dennis and away we went on the long voyage to Ohio. We stayed overnight in Ashland so we would have a short drive the next morning. After we woke up, we found out the weather gods were in a foul mood and Buffalo was supposed to get hammered. It was a rush and go but Brayden did do the reveal and I was still amazed though I got a few peaks at some early pics. The work that was done has made the car look and sound like the most joyous music an X1/9 can make. The 7 hour drive home had me grinning so hard my cheeks were sore.The sad part is that because winter is here it will be put to sleep for the duration. Was it all worth it. HELL YES!! Here are a few pics.

20171205_111209 (Medium).jpg

Left to right Brayden, Marnie, Dennis, Matt and my X

20171206_150123 (Medium).jpg

Finally back home

20171206_150147 (Medium).jpg

20171206_150156 (Medium).jpg

The car is blue, Light and camera can't handle it

20171206_150225 (Medium).jpg

20171206_150235 (Medium).jpg

20171206_150242 (Medium).jpg

20171206_150733 (Medium).jpg

Bedtime, See you next year. Thanks for watching,Don

Don thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy the car for many years to come!

For those who enjoyed watching this build keep your eyes open, I will be starting another fun project in the near future...:)

Gorgeous. Seems we have more and more nice X1/9's in Ontario! Hope you will have some nice time sitting in your car in the garage over the winter.

Congrats on getting the car back home. I hope I have the chance to see it one day.

I met up with Dennis a couple of months ago and he sold (and gave) me a few pieces to help with my restoration. He is a great guy and knows the X1/9 very well.

Brian

Congrats on a great looking car. That engine looks like it wants to be in there.

Great job by the MWB team! Another remarkably sanitary install and beautiful refurbishment of the whole car.

The drive home was lots of fun. I don't think I pulled over to stop that many times on the trip home ever. All these stops meant I had to pull back onto the highway and I got to feel the V-TEC kick in and weld my spine to the seat. In 1979 I purchased a brand new x1/9 and remember the feeling of the 10 extra horsepower and going wow. The K20 has surpassed those memories. I had always dreamed of an X1/9 pulling off the line with an amount of power that it actually deserved. This has flown by my highest expectations. The handling and ride setup by Brayden was absolutely perfect and did not need to be tweaked. He knew exactly what I wanted. The LED bulbs that Brayden installed help get rid of a lot of the electrical issues along with the Bob Brown Wire Mod as well as the Extra relays on the Headlamps and arthritic wipers. It still hasn't snowed yet so I am off to give it one last good run before storing it away for the winter. Again thanks for keeping up with the saga.

Don thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy the car for many years to come!

For those who enjoyed watching this build keep your eyes open, I will be starting another fun project in the near future...:)
I was on a long layover in CMH last month and rented a car and came by to see Matt, I saw this car and the yellow one next to it. I have to say. I'm sold on this conversion. I told Matt that I will be in touch and possibly get on the list next year.

Back