Front trunk lid self-open and support

jovani

True Classic
Another practical biiiiiig improvement is mounting trunk lid gas struts. One finger pull-to-open, one finger push-to-close required, no more shoulder support till rod is positioned, no more one side twisting tension to open or close. Access to store the targa top is not limited in any way. Conversion time is about 20 minutes.
20171205_110440.jpg

I see in your other post you are offering your improved item for sale. Is this also available? if so, price? Thanks.

There are a number of DIY threads on this, which I used many years ago to do mine - however, if you are offering a kit, that will certainly make it easier :D

I see in your other post you are offering your improved item for sale. Is this also available? if so, price? Thanks.
Nothing to sell about this one, I can tell you where exactly to drill 4 small holes, what gas struts to buy and in 15 minutes you have awesome and practical solution to the very awkward stock trunk opening way. When I first did it 10 years ago, I kept open and close the lid may be hundred times in a row, couldn't stop enjoying the action :)

Nothing to sell about this one, I can tell you where exactly to drill 4 small holes, what gas struts to buy and in 15 minutes you have awesome and practical solution to the very awkward stock trunk opening way. When I first did it 10 years ago, I kept open and close the lid may be hundred times in a row, couldn't stop enjoying the action :)
Please tell me which ones and where to drill? Lid felt on my head while changed bulb :D damage was 1cm from eye

There are a number of DIY threads on this, which I used many years ago to do mine - however, if you are offering a kit, that will certainly make it easier :D
Lookforjoe, there is no kit as such, just 2 struts from Autozone (will check the part # tomorrow), 2 bolts and 4 holes to drill yourself. I don't think anyone will want to pay me to buy and send him locally available parts :) But for $60 I'll do it :) :) :)

Yes, please share any details you have on this. I do recall quite a long time ago this was described here on the forum. Perhaps in the archives the
"how to" thread exists. But if you have current info that would be great. Thanks.

I'd still love to see more photos of your other upgrade items also.

Yes, please share any details you have on this. I do recall quite a long time ago this was described here on the forum. Perhaps in the archives the
"how to" thread exists. But if you have current info that would be great. Thanks.

I'd still love to see more photos of your other upgrade items also.
As I said, feel free to call me at 610 732 9306

Back