OTAS rear view mirror is from what?

RobM

True Classic
Attached is a photo of the original rear view mirror in my OTAS. The plastic toggle for the interior light crumbled in my fingers. I want a replacement. What Fiat is it from?
P1010298.JPG

I think my 73 124 coupe had a lighted rear view mirror but my memory is fuzzy on that.

Is it possible to repair the switch? When the one on my 124 crumbled and I saw the price of a new light $130, I decided to try to repair it. I was able to repair it with parts from another and some plastic glue.

Attached is a photo of the original rear view mirror in my OTAS. The plastic toggle for the interior light crumbled in my fingers. I want a replacement. What Fiat is it from?

A similar lighted mirror was used on the 850 Sedan (which the OTAS is based upon), as well as some 124 Coupes. The light was held in place within the mirror via a tension spring-clip on each end, not using 2 screws as yours has. Otherwise, the light unit looks the same.

I can mail you a decent used 850 Sedan light assembly if you want?

You might also be able to fix yours using the black switch toggle piece from a 124 Spider interior courtesy lamp (the one in the center radio console) or 850 Coupe interior courtesy lamp (in-dash above the ashtray) - the toggle might be very similar(?).

A similar lighted mirror was used on the 850 Sedan (which the OTAS is based upon), as well as some 124 Coupes. The light was held in place within the mirror via a tension spring-clip on each end, not using 2 screws as yours has. Otherwise, the light unit looks the same.

I can mail you a decent used 850 Sedan light assembly if you want?

You might also be able to fix yours using the black switch toggle piece from a 124 Spider interior courtesy lamp (the one in the center radio console) or 850 Coupe interior courtesy lamp (in-dash above the ashtray) - the toggle might be very similar(?).
I concur on Jeff's statement that the mirror is from an 850 sedan.

Rob,

Is the mirror assembly you have shown here made of (relatively-heavy) cast metal? Or is it stamped thin metal (like tin)? How do the wires connect to it? Are the wire terminals bullet-type or spade-type? Can you show a photo or two of the light assembly itself removed from the mirror? I have 2 types of the light assembly, trying to figure out which one would work best for you. ;)

Back