Impressive X19 from Denmark

I don't see anything in the gallery either, but I have seen the car in other photos:
X19 race car.jpg
044aeb6f05eaa86d7fc3b8b86e27af07--fiat-x-fiat-abarth.jpg
unnamed.jpg
9ef36c160cc9a31c10981f3c04f06bd5.jpg

I don't know about the rest of the car, but this is the most impressive X19 body I have ever seen. This is the only one I found more "achieve" than the Dallara. And even if I like the Abarth X1/9, IMHO it's still looking like it was done by a good mechanic/bodymen in it's own garage on week-end, not a professionnal work. But probably a reflect of that era.

Overall I like the body. But some features I do not. Green boxes = "like"; blue box = "undecided"; red boxes = "dislike".

zz044aeb6f05eaa86d7fc3b8b86e27af07--fiat-x-fiat-abarth.jpg

Fenders/flares, large side duct and hood louvers I like. Rear wing, "stock" looking lower side scoop and front lights I don't. Front spoiler I'm not sure...has potential but not quite there. The "California" style mirrors could be included in the 'green' (like) group.

Fenders/flares, large side duct and hood louvers I like. Rear wing, "stock" looking lower side scoop and front lights I don't. Front spoiler I'm not sure...has potential but not quite there. The "California" style mirrors could be included in the 'green' (like) group.
I pretty much agree with you on all points there too Jeff. For whatever reason I'm not really a fan of rear wings. Other than on the Countach of course... in that case I just can't picture the car without it.

Other than on the Countach of course... in that case I just can't picture the car without it.
My 'exception' vehicle is the Porsche 911, either the very early "duck tail" or the original "whale tail".

Although there are some more modern vehicles with active (movable) rear wings that aren't so bad. They tend to be smaller and more integrated with the rest of the body (when not deployed). That makes them functional (raised when needed) and still stylish.

That "911" is a Porsche GT-3 cup car, specific race ready Porsche offering and modern from that time in every way. The Renault is a FAR more interesting racer offering.

Bernice

My 'exception' vehicle is the Porsche 911, either the very early "duck tail" or the original "whale tail".

Although there are some more modern vehicles with active (movable) rear wings that aren't so bad. They tend to be smaller and more integrated with the rest of the body (when not deployed). That makes them functional (raised when needed) and still stylish.

My first automobile was a Renault LeCar. Man that thing was gutless. Bought it with the cash we got from our wedding. It would overheat at the drop of a hat and barely had enough power to make it up Hamilton hill. I would be in first gear in the slow lane by the time I reached the top with people blowing by me. It was so slow it was scary.

Are you talking about the X1/9? Cause it's exacly what is is, except you don't feel it. 35 years ago, in my 1974 I could do a drag race start at a street light, make the engine rev past the redline, feel like an F1 driver and, before the next street light, I could barely edge the school bus that was next to me at the previous corner. But it was fun (and still is). Which is not the case in the Renault 5. (BTW, it is just in the US it was called a LeCar).

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall I like the body. But some features I do not. Green boxes = "like"; blue box = "undecided"; red boxes = "dislike".

View attachment 10530

The use of the stock side vent ducting is not really easthetical but I saw it as a gesture toward Bertone or as a challenge between the body designers to integrate that part in the design. It is sure not to save money or because they couldn't do anything better. It's just something funny.

BTW, I'm not a big van of large wings either, especially NOT on the 911 unless it is a full racecar. If I was to buy a 911, I would replace the rear trunk with one without that huge macho thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The use of the stock side vent ducting is not really easthetical but I saw it as a gesture toward Bertone or as a challenge between the body designers to integrate that part in the design. It is sure not to save money or because they couldn't do anything better. It's just something funny.

BTW, I'm not a big van of large wings either, especially NOT on the 911 unless it is a full racecar. If I was to buy a 911, I would replace the rear tunk with one without that huge macho thing.
I am the total opposite. The best part of my 78 930 was the Whale Tail....well that and the kick in the ass when the Turbo kicked in

When it comes to 911 spoilers/wings, it is easy to get mixed responses because there have been so many different versions of it. And the changes have been radical.

The early "duck tail" was this:
porsche_ducktail_spoiler.jpg

3de72033_part.jpg

rearduck.jpg

The early "whale tail" was:
76whaletail1091220816.jpg

OrS-ldBDRdKmHyBIFD-q5g.jpg

gulf.jpg

Mid-range "twin turbo tail" that contained the intercooler within the spoiler:
1408_2.jpg

Later "turbo tail" that is 'active':
Speed.jpg

Early "GT3":
997GT3SPLR5.JPG

And late "GT3RS", what I believe Bernice was referring to, is an actual 'wing':
GT3-RS-rear-wing.jpg

That is a nice X. However the photos of the driver tend to support a comment I made in the "Getting older kind of sucks" thread about the X: "Funny how the topic of being old has so much interest on a X1/9 forum. I suppose that means they are not "hair dresser's cars", but rather "geezer's cars". Of which I am one." :D

That is a nice X. However the photos of the driver tend to support a comment I made in the "Getting older kind of sucks" thread about the X: "Funny how the topic of being old has so much interest on a X1/9 forum. I suppose that means they are not "hair dresser's cars", but rather "geezer's cars". Of which I am one." :D
I have nearly left comment in that thread for few times, don't know what stopped me to post it, maybe am too young. I hope :D
Can You drift with X19 - no, then I see no reason why young people would like to have car like this.

Just found another page with a lot of interestnig pictures http://www.oudepost.be/thex19files/pics 1300 ass.htm

Ha, so true about the drift comment. But we really don't need you toddlers rubbing the "I'm too young" thing in our faces! :D

Great pics in the link. However they don't show the glasses wine in the workers hands while they assemble the X with the other hand. Or maybe that was more the workers that made the actual parts that went on the car? No, I'm certain it was all of them.
There's a thread(s) with a collection of various historical and factory photos; can't recall if it is one on-going thread or multiple threads? See if you can find it and include these pics, they will be a good addition to it.

Back