Strange behavior with Network54 Xweb archives

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
I went back to the Network54 archive to do some searching and to my surprise the old forum comes up in Tapatalk. I have had the Network54 link bookmarked forever. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Can't respond on that issue. But I have noticed some odd deliveries of "communications" to the wrong address (i.e. I'm getting other people's mail). Also an occasional post lands in another random thread. We have a ghost.

Sorry to be off topic, but I've also found I'm not always getting notices of new responses to threads that I am subscribed to (if that's the correct way to state it).

I went back to the Network54 archive to do some searching and to my surprise the old forum comes up in Tapatalk. I have had the Network54 link bookmarked forever. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Well that's certainly an interesting development. Apparently Tapatalk acquired Network54 sometime last year and has been slowly making changes. I guess those changes reached our old forum archive recently. I didn't get any notifications about the changes (that I can find). Perhaps because Mac was the original owner and I was never able to fully transfer ownership of the N54 property after he passed.

Sorry to be off topic, but I've also found I'm not always getting notices of new responses to threads that I am subscribed to (if that's the correct way to state it).

Mail delivery is a occasionally an issue, though I haven't seen it as bad as it was. Sometimes we seem to trigger spam traps and some ISPs incorrectly block delivery. This was a huge battle when we switched to v3 but things got much better when I had the hosting company set us up with some kind of commercial validation services. My company has multiple people dedicated solely to managing email deliverability. Can't explain the misdirected mails though. :eek:

Thanks Mark. I don't consider it to be a major issue, just thought I'd make mention of it after reading about the other "tapatalk" anomaly. Most likely coincidence but it seems lately I've noticed a few random odd behaviors. Thought it might help you to let you know. ;)

The tapatalk issue is with the old forum.
Well that's certainly an interesting development. Apparently Tapatalk acquired Network54 sometime last year and has been slowly making changes. I guess those changes reached our old forum archive recently. I didn't get any notifications about the changes (that I can find). Perhaps because Mac was the original owner and I was never able to fully transfer ownership of the N54 property after he passed.

Thanks for the info Mark,

Tapatalk wouldn't accept what I thought was my old password, so I went thru the "Forgot my password" ritual and was able to gain access to my old username.

Back