My another red car. NFC

Janis

True Classic
FAA64D8A-9A84-4E19-AD68-41E2E85E5C63.jpeg
Long story short, this is reason why my username is like that.

Have no idea why am making this thread :D but if You are going to sell a car, don’t paint it in the color You love..

In my memory it was way harder to assemble mini than x19, I was wrong, mini was first car I assembled and had no experience, it’s like Lego. Have done pretty much, but as we know most time goes on cleaning parts before place them.

*this won’t grow in long thread, as that car is and will be stock, maybe will spam few photos as NFC..
C3B2D994-EA5B-45AD-A49B-6C28E6890940.jpeg

Here in the US we call that color "Resale Red". It is a good color to apply prior to selling a car. ;)

Thanks, will mention that when will put it for sale :D

It has very rare factory option- upper dashboard part in leather o_O

Attachments

• FB371D57-4C92-4A36-B82D-11F44F0F310B.jpeg
    FB371D57-4C92-4A36-B82D-11F44F0F310B.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 135
8BDF335F-6B6C-4331-B0B0-75EF292FB2FA.jpeg
321CA868-0D1E-42AB-969A-1E68FC536741.jpeg
All day spent by remaking new roof for interior, it looks 9/10, I need 10/10 :D
Is there some easy ways to tighten PVC a bit, with for example by heating?

*sunvisors, will be better, they look disgusting haha, ok this car is not absolutely stock

Try steaming it to apply some heat while you "massage" it a little. Not too hot or it will melt/distort. And you can also use a cold damp rag over it after to help shrink it. Not sure what resources you have for steam, but just for example here are a couple typical "steamers". Maybe even a tea kettle would work? (but it takes a lot of steam):
m102900.jpg
Steamshot_Handheld_Steam_Cleaner_39N7A_grout.jpg

In the picture the headliner looks great. To make one from scratch is amazing work in my opinion. Well done!

It’s finished at the moment. 15h in total, shopping time included.

Looks a lot better with rubber trims around. Maybe better to wait with steaming, till it will get someday to heat up in sun- will correct itself or get worse.

Thanks for kind words, I tried my best.

True, let it sit awhile. The material will 'relax', especially when the weather warms up. Then you can see if further 'adjusting' is needed. Now you need to come visit America and finish all the work on my cars; body, paint, upholstery, and so many more skills you have. :)

True, let it sit awhile. The material will 'relax', especially when the weather warms up. Then you can see if further 'adjusting' is needed. Now you need to come visit America and finish all the work on my cars; body, paint, upholstery, and so many more skills you have. :)
..haha I have Your adress, maybe someday

86A2D38C-886E-4C42-84B9-11F279FFE14B.jpeg
I said to me - no more “interesting cars”, but couldn’t say no to this, too good offer that found me. :D

Hope it is not too rusty so it can be done without excessive body work.
Ship it here, we don't have enough of the old ones. :)

It’s 1987-could be legal to import to USA
Actually pretty good chassis-ussual places are very good, tomorrow will wash it-maybe even won’t need new paintjob.

Story of this one- father gave to his son. Son saw small spot of rust and tought that it needs restoration. Workshop parted it out and bankrupt shortly. after 5 years- here it is.

Sad for the son. Hope it came complete with all the parts to put it back together. Here it is common for such shops to loose lots of the bits when they tear something down like that.

Sad for the son. Hope it came complete with all the parts to put it back together. Here it is common for such shops to loose lots of the bits when they tear something down like that.
only thing there is missing that I saw so far - headliner.... hahah

That's good.
Its funny about shipping cars. Seems the cost varies greatly from country to country. A couple years ago I visited Cypress and saw an interesting car for sale. So I looked into the cost to ship it from that small island in the middle of the Mediterranean to the US. I was surprised, the cost was considerably less than having a car transported from one state to another state here. Similar thing, you can ship a package from China to the US for a fraction of the cost to send the same package within the US (and it takes less time to get it from China).

Car has to have separate sea container- so 1000€ or more, depends which state..
This will have low price for fast sale- ~3500€

I'm not too familiar with the current values, but I think that might be a good deal here even with the shipping cost? Seems classic Mini's have become much more desired in recent years, and that translates to higher selling prices. When the time comes to sell it, maybe consider getting all the shipping info gathered and try advertising it here with the shipping arrangements included in the deal. I think it might sell fast here.

I've heard there are guys from Europe that come here and buy up lots of American cars, ship them back to Europe, and sell them at high profits...despite originally paying what we would view as a high price for such cars here. There seems to be a high demand for American cars there. I believe the largest annual gathering of classic American cars in the world is in Sweden or Switzerland. And likewise, there is usually a good demand for European cars here.

Back