Looking to borrow or rent a head puller...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Hi guys,

Its been awhile and I hesitate to bother you, but a fellow enthusiast in Mississippi needs to have her X1/9's head pulled to replace a gasket and/or cylinder head.

Renea Hayes has a modded '79 formerly owned by Tom Boscan, Bob Brown and Bob Fink and pegged the temp gauge. The stat, radiator and hoses have been replaced and now her mechanic is having trouble getting the head off. He said he had not done a compression test but had coolant in #3 & #4 as well as steam coming out the exhaust after running for a few minutes. He tells me he is sure the hole in the head (or block, as I don't recall exactly where...) the T-stat housing mates is covered and blocked.

Frankly, I would feel better if I saw that this to be true and also have some compression head test results...

But alas, here we are... Please pass this along to anyone you might know of that can help and get back to me via this forum, email or phoning 661-268-7275.

Thanks,

Papa/Tony

I can't recall who it was but one of our regular members made one recently. Maybe a search will bring up who that was?

I did try a search first, but just came up with a bunch of garbage I wrote some time ago! HA

John Edwards (Costa Mesa R&D) would rent or loan his out, I'll be calling the new owner in the morning. Thanks for the reply Jeff... I think I will search again anyway.

Last edited:
Tony,

I think the Mira group has tool loan program run by Alcon Elrod.

I also saw a post where Mikemo said he had a head tool.

Tony,

I think the Mira group has tool loan program run by Alcon Elrod.

I also saw a post where Mikemo said he had a head tool.
When I was looking for one I never got a response from Mira, that's why I made one...

Edit: both things I just referenced have been posted by others at the same time as I was posting...lots of responses to help you out.

And only joking about things not working, I'm sure that issue is a personal one ;)

OK, OK...

Y'all probably don't know... but I have recently faced and wrestled through a very rough period in my life... I turned 70 YEARS OLD! Dammit!

And yur all right, nothing hardly works for me anymore... Please be kind to your elders!

Brian... I just PM'd you and thanks!

I will get shipping info and the like and get back to you in a day or so.

Thank you all BTW... Its wonderful having you guys around!

Papa/Tony

p.s. I believe Alvon Elrod had the Shim Exchange and one of Brian's tools to loan out. I do not believe he has a head removal tool, but its a good excuse to call him.

Back