87 Headlight Switch - Panda Replacement.

lookforjoe

True Classic
Bought a C142025 Panda switch quite some time ago to replace the stock Bertone slider style switch. Finally got around to it this past week.

Original has 6 terminals, new only has 4 terminals. I don't need the headlamp motor feed, so I discarded that. Right side shows wire connections for sidemarker/headlamp operation. Another thing to note is that with the new switch, it is possible to leave the lights on with the key off :( Only way to resolve that would be to make all the lights only work in key/on position.

9_B736_D54-8_B3_B-4_EA2-9932-347567_AB7_EBD.jpg

There is a 6-contact light switch used on LADA's that I've wondered about for the X. I've never looked into the X's switch/layout. And I know even less about the LADA switch. So no clue if it is anywhere close to working. All I know is it's a 6 pole switch for lighting, used on a vehicle somewhat based on Fiats. No idea how it compares in terms of size/mounting, internal configuration, external connection compatibility, rating/quality, functional design, etc. Just know they are readily available and cheap...and have 6 connections (did I mention that part yet).

So..... it’s quite probably useless then :D

The Panda one is a direct fit in the dash rectangle, and looks the same externally. Uses the same fiber optic illumination.

Back