What kind of car is that?

Buckroe

Low Mileage
upload_2018-6-14_17-26-36.jpeg

Is it a TR-7? :confused: A Fiero?:rolleyes: An old MR2? o_O Well whatever it is, a friend of my cousin had one in high school. It was always breaking down or catching fire!!! :D:cool::p

I am sure we have all heard variations on these themes. :)

Ahh, I see. Its the "Federation International Automobile" taxi number 9. Nice bit of FIA's racing history. I wonder what ever happened to their other 8 taxis. Where they all TR-7's like this one? Interesting link of a British vehicle to Formula 1.

Last edited:
For some reason I have gotten a couple "nice 240" remarks lately (all young 20's males). I'd like to think it's just because they see pop-up headlights and take a massive assumption that the 240 is the ONLY car to have those besides the miata.

For some reason I have gotten a couple "nice 240" remarks lately (all young 20's males). I'd like to think it's just because they see pop-up headlights and take a massive assumption that the 240 is the ONLY car to have those besides the miata.

The Miata have those? Oh, you mean the vintage Miatas from the early 90's! :cool:

Man....I'm dating myself because I thought you meant 240Z not 240SX and since when did a (real) Z have pop up headlights?

The plate won‘t necessarily help.
I had a 1967 Austin-Healey Sprite with the plate NOTANMG.
As I was pulling out of a car show, an older couple walked behind me and she read the plate out loud and asked her husband „what is it then?“.
He answered „It‘s an MG.“

gee, I thought a 240 (with no letters) was a Volvo!;)
no pop up headlights there, tho.

Last edited:
I have heard only 3 questions.
Is that x19?
Is that Maseratti?
Wait!! Screamed running man at big parking lot, who appears has three x19.

I guess we all have been guilty of dumb questions sometime in our lives but when you drive an X19 it seems dumb questions are disproportionately directed at you.
I have heard all the above comments, but what really gets me is when your answer is not believed.
As some of you know my car does not have a grill as it is electric.
I have been asked if it is a Corvair.
I have one inch high chrome letters spelling electric on each side of my car, I get a lot of is it really electric?
I also have a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser I have owned for the past 43 years.
When I stated as much to one lady she emphatically insisted it was a jeep.

Almost every time I take the car out I get a question.

I'd say it's a 50/50 split between people asking what it is versus knowing it is an X1/9.

-One guy asked if it was a Fiero.

-I overheard one guy tell his girlfriend it was an Alpha, then apparently he noticed the Bertone badge and a very perplexed look appeared on his face.

-One guy at a gas station, knew it was an X1/9 and claimed it was worth $15k. Asked him if he'd give me $15k for it to which he said he didn't have the money lol.

I'm actually surprised I've only gotten one Fiero comment...

Unrelated, but someone approached me at a gas station when I was driving my MR2 and offered to buy it from me for $10k worth of weed. I think he was serious too...

I had a guy last year ask me how I liked my first generation MR2. I was sort of confused (really) for a second & then I said, oh, it's a Fiat, er..Bertone...well, maybe you could call it a first generation MR2 since it is what Toyota copied.

Back