Door Seal...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Found this at about $1.30 a foot and it appears to be the same stuff I useta get from Whitney & Co.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trim-Seal-...406352?hash=item2ee8832c90:g:mioAAOSwT4lWS48s

I use a continuous strip down from the top of the driver's side windshield, down and around and up and across the Targa Bar and then the same for the passenger side... ending back up at the top of the windshield.

Door & Top Seal.JPG

Makes for a nice clean look and if and when I ever install the top, seals about as well as the original.

If you still want the corner pieces, you can cut and reuse the existing ones or see if Ricardo will supply some re-pops for ya.

BTW, hi to all!

Bought some 3/4 a couple of years ago that looks like what you show. Works OK.
Anyone that gets some do not cut the corner pieces to close.
Leave enough of the old trim on the corners to fit into the tube on the new stuff.

Bought some 3/4 a couple of years ago that looks like what you show. Works OK.
Anyone that gets some do not cut the corner pieces too close.
Leave enough of the old trim on the corners to fit into the tube on the new stuff.

Thanks for clarifying that... Its been decades since I messed with this and I have only replaced this seal ONCE in about 25 years. Mine is now stored inside and gets lots of care but still... it can last a long time.

Hey Jim!

I see BB chimed in recently as well to the great article on the Brannons. I almost wrote something as well but I see there is still a great active response going on with the site. Good to see!

Miss you guys...

You guys are AMAZING!!!! Thank you.
From desperation to jubilation, in a couple of days.
And CHEAP too. My kinda fix.
Mark, I can't get over how close this is to the profile of the OEM stuff. Thanks again.
Between this and Ricardo's corner blocks, none of us should ever get rained on again, while the top is on!

does anyone know how many feet are needed?

Odie

Well, since its YOU Odie, I went out and measured TWICE. 22 feet will give you a bit extra and you can go measure it yourself to be sure. This stuff works fairly well as a window seal on the Targa Top going across each side so you might wanna purchase a few more feet for that also.

Do start in the middle of the Targa Bar and work your way down and around WITHOUT any undue stretching. When you get to the top of the windshield, cut it a little long and force it (compress it) into place over the "pinch welds". In this manner, if and when it shrinks, it won't leave a gap.

HTHs!

This stuff works fairly well as a window seal on the Targa Top going across each side so you might wanna purchase a few more feet for that also.
I bought enough to do that as well. The old targa side seal looked identical to the one around the door (no idea if it has been replaced before). But mine will be awhile before I can report on its effectiveness (long term project in process).

I bought enough to do that as well. The old targa side seal looked identical to the one around the door (no idea if it has been replaced before). But mine will be awhile before I can report on its effectiveness (long term project in process).

Yeah Doc...

Even with the factory stuff my windows and doors where so mal-aligned I always had air and water leaks. I hardly ever drive with the top, much less with the top on. Not necessarily claustrophobic, but I might as well be driving a Civic with the top on... My original purpose using this type of seal was to primarily clean up the looks of the factory seal. I almost went to just a "pinch-weld" cover until I found the "Universal Trunk Seal" from JC Whitney... back in the day.

Nice ta know there are now more resources out there...

Found this at about $1.30 a foot and it appears to be the same stuff I useta get from Whitney & Co.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trim-Seal-...406352?hash=item2ee8832c90:g:mioAAOSwT4lWS48s

I use a continuous strip down from the top of the driver's side windshield, down and around and up and across the Targa Bar and then the same for the passenger side... ending back up at the top of the windshield.

View attachment 13067

Makes for a nice clean look and if and when I ever install the top, seals about as well as the original.

If you still want the corner pieces, you can cut and reuse the existing ones or see if Ricardo will supply some re-pops for ya.

BTW, hi to all!
hi there
just wondering who this Ricardo you speak of is and how can I contact him? I am looking for the corner pieces for the corners of the targa

Would appreciate any leads to get these

Thanks

Stoney

Stoney, here is his 'profile page': https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?members/ricardo-borja.86/

Ricardo is a talented artist that has created several wonderful new parts over the years. Some are reproductions of hard to find items, others are original designs of his own. Either search through his posts or contact him directly for more info.

I'm not sure why, but the line, "who this Ricardo you speak of" reminds me of something from a Quentin Tarantino movie. :)

hi there
just wondering who this Ricardo you speak of is and how can I contact him? I am looking for the corner pieces for the corners of the targa

Would appreciate any leads to get these

Hey Stoney, I tied the link Jeff posted but I'm not sure if it gets you the info you want.

If that doesn't work, write me here and I'll get in touch with him for you...

Back