My 850 Spider on BAT

Mang

Daily Driver
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-fiat-850-6/

I stumbled into this car last year and wasn't about to let it go. It is a real nice find. I have already sunk a fair amount of $$ into it, but have decided to stop and let it go. It is a VERY straight, looks to be 54,950 original miles, doesn't appear to have ever been hit and no rust issues. It was restored once a while back to a nice level. I have another, so I'll be ok

I saw that. Hope the sale goes well, plenty of nice comments in the thread.

I saw that too, and despite it not being a great paint job, I love the color. The cross member shot tells it all: that's a solid, dry car. I will most likely bid on it towards the end. What does it need?

I saw that too, and despite it not being a great paint job, I love the color. The cross member shot tells it all: that's a solid, dry car. I will most likely bid on it towards the end. What does it need?

Thanks Rob, I took care of 'needs' immediately after acquiring it. Guages, lights, all the little things work. Mechanically very solid since Andy's good work. No grinding, ez start, etc. he gave it the 'Italian road test' - top down at 60-70mph on Bay Area hwys and all good. I haven't seen more than 50mph in it around Tahoe. Thanks for recognizing it is an excellent example in terms of straight and dry, RARE these days. I posted here because we have Fiat enthusiasts here and I wanted you all to know about it because if I were looking for a driver now, and an excellent candidate for a concours re-do someday, this car would be an excellent choice. The panels, gaps, etc. are telltale too on what a straight example this car is. It might go for a good price in this auction format, good luck!

ps...and the paint job is actually quite good. Yes it has some age and wear now, it was applied correctly and the car looks great...from 5 feet!

Last edited:
did not do so well on BAT. I wold still like to sell this car, so for anyone in the market for an 850 Spider, perhaps consider this one. In this world of many crappy/rusty 850's, this one shines. My ask is $7,500. with the original steel wheels/hubcaps. $9k with the additional Melbers/Vredesteins wheelset. Thanks.

Nice car. If only I had room for one more.....
Unfortunately the value and or market in the U.S. is very limited. I tried to sell mine a about 5 years ago and had no luck either. I'm glad I didn't give it away and I would have regretted it had it sold.

Nice car. If only I had room for one more.....
Unfortunately the value and or market in the U.S. is very limited. I tried to sell mine a about 5 years ago and had no luck either. I'm glad I didn't give it away and I would have regretted it had it sold.

Completely agree, it's a matter of too many cars and something has to go. I have to admit to buying another one. I never sought this plum car, it just popped up 25 miles from my home and I LOVE these cars, so I claimed it without hesitating. I found another that I really wanted, it's here, now up to three. I'm a design/style guy, love the old Italian cars best...and swb 901 series Porsches! 850 Spider's have more than caught my eye. They were all around me in droves growing up and I barely noticed them?

Last edited:
IMG_0359.JPG Price drop again, $6,500. (w/Melber/Vredestein wheelset $8k).

Hurry, so can be enjoyed still THIS summer!

Last edited:
Not giving up...$6k. (With original wheels). This isn't a flip for profit, it's a $9k into it car for $6k in less than a year. Much more economical to buy this excellent example than to restore one. Hope to find that Fiat enthusiast here, thanks.

C0D85F15-E4A5-42AD-8A60-BD0C68208133.jpeg Trying to attract a buyer here and I know you all will appreciate this opportunity. I’m offering this front clip from a ‘67 or earlier car? And a set of coveted sealed headlights. (Sorry no correct lenses, but some plexi homemade anyway). This car presents well as is. But I like them showy, so my plan was to repaint and at that time do the headlight transplant. I’m offering the car, original wheels and hubcaps wheelset, clip and headlights, and correct door panels and console sourced for $7k. With the ‘71 gone on BAT for $12,500. Leaves this as a possible good $ project, maybe not a get burned scenario.

Last edited:
8426B519-1E59-4F56-87A8-0A8CBFB6E4D3.jpeg ps...this car shows well as is, but was bumped and bruised inside a garage for decades after a nice restoration at one time decades ago. So does not need repaint now, but with fresh paint would be outstanding.

It’s a too many cars and parts situation. I’m getting there, nice Scorpion gone, and this sale would do it. Thanks for consideration- Mike S.

Last edited:
You might want to consider bringing it to Concorso Italiano - www.Concorso.com - and parking it on the grass there. Technically, they don't allow you to put for sale signs on the cars, but I've seen cars with for sale signs on the driver and passenger seats. Registration is now $175 but it will expose the car to an audience that might appreciate it more.

You might want to consider bringing it to Concorso Italiano - www.Concorso.com - and parking it on the grass there. Technically, they don't allow you to put for sale signs on the cars, but I've seen cars with for sale signs on the driver and passenger seats. Registration is now $175 but it will expose the car to an audience that might appreciate it more.

I can tell you now, although your idea is excellent, I am not heading down that way for the events in Monterey. I have done so in many years past, but avoid that area anymore during that week! Thanks though.

Not the same as the good old days when it was at Quail Lodge

I can tell you now, although your idea is excellent, I am not heading down that way for the events in Monterey. I have done so in many years past, but avoid that area anymore during that week! Thanks though.

Not the same as the good old days when it was at Quail Lodge

And you weren’t in a life or death race with overheating in whatever temperamental Italian car you drove down during miles of gridlock on hot days!

Back