IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG
View attachment 13669
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4910.JPG
IMG_4889.JPG
hi guys I'm after some help trying to track down some faza type 1 seats for my stradale project or something very similar condition not really important as I will recover in the green
Any help would be great
John

Nice Project!

I had some Faza seats, but sold them.
If you can't find any others, I can try to get a hold of the buyer.
They are in Germany though.

Great project. I prefer the narrower "stradale" version vs the wider Abarth "competition" version. Seems the stradale body parts are difficult to come by (at least here in the US).
Would similar style aftermarket seats (other than FAZA) work? There are many options there, old and new.

I especially like your custom paint scheme:
IMG_4889.JPG

Yes the panels for the front no longer exist I carved them from foam and took moulds
The paint is courtesy of my kids
If I could get original faza seats it would be great but if I can get something that looks almost the same I'd got that way

Attachments

• IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4702.JPG
    IMG_4702.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 98
I carved them from foam and took moulds
The paint is courtesy of my kids
I think I remember a thread with that awhile back. Your cute little daughter was helping hold them in place for the photos I believe. Then you must have been the one noting how difficult it was to find parts. So these fender flares/side scoops are not the ones from Midwest Bayless? You made them as well?

I'm not really a seat expert, but over the years I've seen different aftermarket ones that seem fairly similar as far as I remember. I imagine the ones Al sold with the FAZA logo were just a standard model from one of the big seat makers. And there are endless options from countless companies when it comes to aftermarket seats. So I would think you should be able to find something. Try looking through the "classic" or "historic" or "vintage" selections from companies like Cobra, Recaro, Sparco, Bride, etc.
I've got a set of old Cobra seats buried in my storage that I haven't look at in a few years, and they might be close. But I intend to use them whenever I get around to building a "track car" style X. I also have an original set of classic Recaro's that are going into one of my VW projects.
Browse these sites for ideas:
http://www.classiccarseats.com/granturismosport.php
https://www.cobraseatsusa.com/

Thanks the Porsche seats look close
The rear guards are available from Midwest but the fronts are all custom
Thanks for the links I'll get searching
John

I thought at one time Midwest also had the front flared guards, but maybe not. I've noticed some items on their site seem to disappear now and them, so hard to tell if they did or not.

Very nice work you did with all of the mold making and producing the parts...they look great. Did you also make the replacement front spoiler? One of the vendors used to offer it in fiberglass but I don't think they do anymore. I bet you could offer to sell the molds if you wanted to recoup some of your expense.

Last edited:
Back