Parts manual / book

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
There are some factory Fiat parts manuals or books available with pictures and part numbers for the various years of X1/9. Do we have access to any of them? I looked in the Wiki but did not see anything. Perhaps someone has a copy to share with the forum? Or a link to existing ones online? Thanks.

i have all of the factory microfiche... just dont know how to publish them on the web. They would have to be converted somehow to a pdf i think

Mira has one for ‘74s but nothing for the later years.

I haven’t seen an actual printed book for the X, I have books for my 850 and 124 Sport Coupes.

Do you have these (79_87_chassis1 and 79_87_chassis2)? I use them all the time, especially when ordering parts from Fiat Plus. Both are large pdfs (14-15 Mb), so will not load here.

i have all of the factory microfiche
Actually I have a microfiche set for my car. But I've haven't found it to be very accessible. I don't own a reader, and the only one I can find for public use is across town, and sometimes it isn't functioning very well. I've looked into having it converted to some other format - printed, PDF, etc - but it is very expensive to have done.

I haven’t seen an actual printed book for the X
There was one for sale online awhile back, actually a reprint of the original factory book/manual. And I believe I've seen it referenced before a few times.

Do you have these (79_87_chassis1 and 79_87_chassis2)?
Larry, not sure what you are referring to? But it sounds like it would be very useful. Do you have more information or a link to it? Thanks.

Beek, I wonder if the fiche version is the exact same as the printed book? By chance have you been able to do any comparison? I've never seen the book in person, just a couple pictures online.

Do you have these (79_87_chassis1 and 79_87_chassis2)? I use them all the time, especially when ordering parts from Fiat Plus. Both are large pdfs (14-15 Mb), so will not load here.

I would be happy to host them on my Dropbox until they could be placed somewhere else.

My email is karlmead at g mail dot com if you wish to send them

Karl

I just received a reply from one source that might have a copy of the parts book. They said it is similar to the microfiche but not as extensive, because the book is intended to cover the most commonly sold parts. I'm not completely clear what that really means for us.

That would be terrific if Larry and Karl could find a way to post access to the PDF's Larry referenced.

The MIRA site has a library section and Brad is always happy to get new info. If anyone has parts books or shop manual they can lend, Brad will hopefully be able to add them to the library.

Check this folder on my OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AEvLg2jkzcHLaQ
Thank you Dan. Taking a quick look at these three files (chassis 1 and 2, and body), they appear to be the same as the microfiche I mentioned earlier. But unfortunately I don't have convenient access to a fiche reader.

I don't know how this compares to the "parts book", but it is very likely the same thing.

Two suggestions when using the linked files to identify part numbers: 1) If you go to the second file (chassis 2), the last half of it is the updated / substituted part numbers for everything in the diagrams. Those updated numbers are the ones you want to use to find parts, not the old numbers in the diagrams. 2) For those not familiar with using OneDrive (like me), after clicking on one of the files, look to the left top corner of the screen for "open". Then select "open in word online". The full file should open in a new tab.

Is it possible to add these three files to the "Wiki"?

Thanks Larry. The body manual that Dan has on his link is for '82-'87, so it might help you with most things.

Thank you Dan. Taking a quick look at these three files (chassis 1 and 2, and body), they appear to be the same as the microfiche I mentioned earlier. But unfortunately I don't have convenient access to a fiche reader.

I don't know how this compares to the "parts book", but it is very likely the same thing.

Two suggestions when using the linked files to identify part numbers: 1) If you go to the second file (chassis 2), the last half of it is the updated / substituted part numbers for everything in the diagrams. Those updated numbers are the ones you want to use to find parts, not the old numbers in the diagrams. 2) For those not familiar with using OneDrive (like me), after clicking on one of the files, look to the left top corner of the screen for "open". Then select "open in word online". The full file should open in a new tab.

Is it possible to add these three files to the "Wiki"?

The "parts book" one that you are referring to might be the Linea Rossa Parts Book published in 1996. My link also has a copy of that, appropriately enough it's called fiat_parts_book.pdf.;)

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, I tend to think the "parts book" I saw wasn't the Linea Rossa book only because it looked different. I have the L-R book linked and have reviewed it before. But the other one I saw for sale seemed a little different, although I really didn't see much of it. So you could be right, it might have just had a different look. My understanding is the "Fiat parts book" was a factory publication, so if anything I'd guess the L-R version was a copy of it when Bricklin took over.

Thanks Karl, I was able to download a copy from Dan's link already. But it's good to have options. The optimal solution would be to make them part of the Wiki so everyone can see them directly from the forum.

Having reviewed some of the microfiche films I already have, I will say they are better organized and a little easier to navigate. But as I said, without a MF reader on hand it doesn't do any good.
I realized the files posted here (from Dan) have the part number updates at the second half of each file (not just at the end of the last one like I said earlier). My microfiche copy has all of that on a separate fiche card. So earlier I did not realize it was broken up on the current edition.

Thank you

Here are the links to the files on my Dropbox:

Fiat Linnea Rosa X Parts Book https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rp9fmyn7nwanmm/fiat_parts_book.pdf?dl=0

X Mechanical and Electrics https://www.dropbox.com/s/rma88v3oq...icambio_FIAT_X19_meccanica_elettrico.pdf?dl=0

Body Parts 83-87https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4umw2isuecl43k/83_87_body.pdf?dl=0

Chassis 83-87 Addendum https://www.dropbox.com/s/olgiyywlksx1cki/79_87_chassis2.pdf?dl=0

Chassis 79-87 https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx00m9dcd2qrryc/79_87_chassis1.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if anyone has a problem downloading them

Thank you so much for this, they are much sharper than the copies I downloaded many years ago, I know not where from.
The downloads were very fast!

Paul

Back