I hit a freaking deer.

addictedpunk

Daily Driver
I was taking a joy ride up in Angeles National Forest when a deer darted out of the abyss and into left side of the car. Most of the damage was centered on the door. So much that I can't open it. It's jammed shut. Fender also got hit and is mangled. Other than that, everything is fine. I guess it could have been a lot worse. Good news is that the window goes up and down without trouble so the regulator and motor are fine at least. I just washed the car too. Ugh. Dash cam caught the incident. I'll post pics tomorrow.

In this case, probably drawn in by the smooth jazz playing on the stereo. That music is obviously a deer magnet. :cool:

A deer ran into the side of my son's CR-V last winter. Also crushed the drivers door. It left a deer face print on the windshield and a big tuft of fur if the remains of the side mirror. My son says his deer got up and staggered off into the field it came out of.

I am just glad you are OK Jose. The car is easier to heal. Good luck with your repairs.

obviously a deer magnet.
It's certainly not a 'chick' magnet.

mottledcochin.jpg

Alright folks. Here we go. Anybody know where I can find the door trim?

Attachments

• 43C172E7-6BD7-4778-BF93-ECF330741819.jpeg
    43C172E7-6BD7-4778-BF93-ECF330741819.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 944A6D05-FFDF-4ED7-A325-D6043CDEA04E.jpeg
    944A6D05-FFDF-4ED7-A325-D6043CDEA04E.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 147
  • B2B78DC0-17B7-45C8-A35D-B8B9BFDE34B9.jpeg
    B2B78DC0-17B7-45C8-A35D-B8B9BFDE34B9.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 142
That butthole even left his hair in my nice trim. The audacity of some animals, I swear.

A second thought, I was driving without the roof and windows down. I feel fortunate that the deer didn’t jump at that moment and fly straight into the cabin. Could’ve been much worse.

Looks like the Deer hit you more than anything. Sorry to see this, especially on a fellow white x! Fortunate yes that the deer didn't hit you or go inside of the vehicle in any way. I lost an uncle to a deer, was driving his MG Midget and the deer went through the windshield. Best of luck finding parts and getting her all pretty again.

Does anybody have any leads on where to find the door molding? Looks like that's the only thing that needs to be replaced.

Henk’s offers them new. It’s a kit with both sides for a bit under 200 euro for all four pieces. It’s nice when they match.

So my shop said they want to go ahead and not only paint the damaged parts, but the whole car as well.

Opinions time, I want the same white color, but I was thinking either a metallic white or a pearl white. I’m open to thoughts.

Hans'_Fiat_500e.PNG I have a metallic pearl white on my 500e, and it’s very easy on the eyes. I love that color. It’s a bit warmer than the typical white seen on many cars, which usually tend to lean towards the cool bluish side.

I think an X would look good in metallic pearl white, too, but please note that it is a friendly looking, inviting color. The cooler, more bluish white is a bit more aggressive looking -- more stand-offish -- at least for a white, if that’s more to your liking.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Electric white, I believe that’s what fiat calls it. I do like it. I’m not so keen on the blue tinged pearls, I feel it makes it look too Japanese.

Here are my top three:

Platinum Ice pearl from GM
Code WA560Q/94

White platinum pearl from Ford
Code UG/M7204A

Aspen white pearl from Honda
Code NH677P

Paint code on my 500e sticker (driver's side door) is: PWH, which Google and shopping sources say is "Mopar Pearl White Tri-Coat (Bianco Perla)". Speaking of Japanese, I call my 500e "Shiro 500", which is Japanese for "White 500", because I enjoy many Japanese and Italian things.

Last edited:
I see you have a white X as well. Maybe deer are attracted to the color white.

What baffles me the most is that on a completely deserted road with no cars for miles, deer always choose to cross the moment that one single car is traveling down the road. My hunter friend says that it's usually always because something spooks them. I don't know. Feels like a cruel joke, or not, since the deer doesn't come out unscathed.

I had to find a headlight bucket to fix mine. Wasn't too fun.
I see you have a white X as well. Maybe deer are attracted to the color white.

What baffles me the most is that on a completely deserted road with no cars for miles, deer always choose to cross the moment that one single car is traveling down the road. My hunter friend says that it's usually always because something spooks them. I don't know. Feels like a cruel joke, or not, since the deer doesn't come out unscathed.

Yeah, it was a cause of a lot of soul searching for me when it happened. Kind of a "why me, god" kind of a deal. I bet you're feeling the same way. I've got the damage repaired, but not quite perfectly, as I did it all myself. The deer really messed up the fender, bent the end of it down as well as back. Horrendous. Glad you're OK, by the way. Could have been much worse.

Back