Side Scoop Inner Left

RZSR X

True Classic
Hi Xwebers,

Does anyone have a Side Scoop Inner Left for a '74 X? It's the scoop in the engine compartment that directs the outer rear quarter panel scoop air into the engine compartment.

Looking for one without broken mounting points in decent condition.

What say you?

Thanks, Carl

Thanks Dan,

Up to '81 they do look to be the same, after that year there is an additional tap to feed the alternator cooling tube on the side.

So does anyone have a Side Scoop Inner Left up to 1981 with mounting points still attached and not cracked or broken off? $$

No RZSR...Dan is correct.

The left side IS the same for all years.

The right side only was different from '81 on. Yes, after that there was an additional provision for the alternator cooling hose. But only of course on the right scoop !!

So any year left scoop would work for you. i kinda recall a brand new NOS inner scoop being on Ebay quite lately. I forget what side though. Just looked on Ebay but could not find it. I recall the listing was from a member here. I think Bob Grausch or something like that - member name here is BG82X or something. Perhaps send him a PM to see if he still has it.

just an interesting bit of trivia...
First, 4245639 is the LEFT outside scoop. The inside scoop you are asking for is 4246516. Its the same all years.

In researching this thru the parts books I also thought the right scoop 4246515 would be different when the air intake for the alternator was added on fuel injected cars. If the books can be trusted, the actual scoop is the same 1974-88. When the alternator air intake was added, the book shows an additional flange 4462031 or 4462028.
I don't have a fuel injected car here to physically reference. But I do have a new right scoop!

Got it, thanks.

Bob thinks he might have one and will let me know when he returns from Freak Out!

I'm becoming discouraged that I have come across the one X part that can't be found for my resto! Is this true?

Side Scoop Inner Left.jpg

I keep thinking there has to be a decent Side Scoop Inner Left in someone's pile of X parts, think people think!

i kinda recall a brand new NOS inner scoop being on Ebay quite lately. I forget what side though. Just looked on Ebay but could not find it. I recall the listing was from a member here. I think Bob Grausch or something like that - member name here is BG82X or something. Perhaps send him a PM to see if he still has it.

Both of the ones I saw on eBay at the moment are for the right (passenger) side; 1 early type & 1 late type:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283219301842
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273549223201

All of mine (for both sides on two cars) have broken tabs. And after removing them I can see why. This might be difficult to find in pristine condition.

I guess I have no choice but to cut glue and glass pieces of a good passenger side onto my drivers side Scoop creating a hybrid Scoop!

To bad X1/9's aren't yet collectable because if they were every part would be reproduced by now.

Back