New Purchase Holy Grail of X1/9's

allansieben

X1/9 Time
Hello Fellow X-Webers,
Long time no contact (my bad) but life has been busy and fulfilling.

Thought I'd share some photos of my new purchase (cause everyone likes photos)
1974 Pistachio Green Canadian Import sold new at Clarke-Simpkins Motors in Vancouver back in the day. 28,000 Miles on this bad boy!

Enjoy! Greenie 1.jpg

Greenie 1.jpg

Greenie 4.jpg

greenie 5.jpg

Greenie 7 - Copy.jpg
Greenie 3 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180622_220946_192.jpg
IMG_20180621_1650524 (1).jpg
IMG_20180622_1929063.jpg

As you can see I swapped out the pressed steel wheels with my restored Scorpion wheels (which were replaced by my Abarth wheels. I think they look better on the X1/9 as opposed to the Scorpion. (IMO)

Scorpion in Yarrow.jpg

Anyways...Thanks for looking :)

Regards,
Allan

wow! looks right out of a 1974 fiat advertisement. I am jealous, if it comes up missing dont look here...lol great buy and great car's

Very nice looking car.

I would like to see some engine and interior photos if you have the time.

I see dual exhaust tips, is it just the tips or does it have an aftermarket exhaust? Any other mods?

I purchased the car as an impulsive buy because the car was located on Gabriola Island (four ferry trips from the Fraser Valley where I live). The seller had a lot of interest but everyone wanted to 'look' at the car before the made their decision. I knew I had to strike while the iron was hot so I asked the seller if anyone committed to it with a deposit and he said no. So I replied "lets consider it sold and I'll pay you your $3900.00 (CDN) price and email you a $500- deposit and come get the car on Thursday" (it was Monday when I was forwarded the Craigslist ad from a fellow Fiat junkie friend of mine).

The only upgrade / mod to the car is an Ansa header and exhaust. Other than that it's pretty stock. The low mileage is the result of little distance to drive as there were three previous owners, the last two had the car on small Islands in the Straight of Georgia (A West Coast thing). The original purchasers live in Tsawwassen,BC (yes,they still live there) which joins Point Roberts, WA on the same peninsula. As I write this I'm about to head out to pick up my newly painted engine compartment lid and mount it back on to the hinges. The interior is all original and get this...the black seats are not ripped! I will post some interior shots by your requests.
The car is by no means perfect...yet!! I'm known in my circle of car buddies as the person who goes overboard with restoration and details hence the condition of my Scorpion (bottom photo in the original thread) and I'll post a pic of my '71 850 and '81 X1/9 so you can see how crazy I am!
IMG_20160625_2036224.jpg

1971 Fiat 850 Spider (34000 miles)

IMG_20160625_2039452.jpg

IMG_20150228_174315.jpg

1981 ( A heck! You guys know what it is)
IMG_20150228_152610.jpg

Again, thanks for your interest.

Allan

OK that all gets a wow.

Thanks for the pics of your fabulous cars.

Nice buy on the ‘74

Never knew the name of that green color. My first X @ 18yo was a '74 that color. The guy who sold me the car was the original owner, and it was gray market from Italy (thru England to the US). He said [they] called it Safety Green in the UK. Have no idea if that was the norm.

Awesome cars!
I can't wait to see what the 74 X will end up looking like
!
Hi Ulix, old buddy!!
I haven't seen or heard from you in AGES!!
I hope all is going well with you (and your X1/9) way over there in Germany!!
All's well down here in New Zealand, and my X is still humming along nicely! :)

Cheers, Ian Lawson (NZ)

Hi Ian,
Yes, still around, can‘t stop messing with the X. :)
Just came in from the garage as a matter of fact.
Two young kids make progress much slower than it used to though. :)

Back