Fiat 850 final drive

ramona300

True Classic
I'm gathering bits more my next engine project and will need to fit a taller final drive for my coupe. Final drive at the moment is the stock 8/39. Pulled down 3 gearboxes yesterday I have laying about. Thought at least one was a sedan box 8/37 but two were 8/39 and one 8/41. Ideally I want a Simca 1000 final drive 9/41. Anyone have one they are hoarding by chance?

I have an Abarth 9/37 that I bought from Berni a few years ago...Ended up not using it. PM me if you want more info.

About a dozen years ago I bought a Simca R&P set off ebay in France. The Simca club in France may have some ideas where to find one or there is a Simca Facebook page. I ended up selling the R&P and I'm pretty sure it went to someone in Australia. Have you tried the turbo124 forum?

I just pulled the engine and transaxle out of my 1300/124 and the Abarth tag on the transaxle is marked as having a 9/35 R&P. I believe most 1300/124s had a 9/37 ratio with a 1280cc engine producing 88 HP. My 600 Abarth resto-mod transaxle has a 9/39 R&P that I bought from Scuderia T. and the engine is 1050cc built on a 903cc block and will be in the 80-90 HP range. The 9/39 is supposedly a better choice for a 1050cc motor due to it's longer stroke crank and somewhat higher torque output.

I just bought an 850 transaxle with close ratio gears and has an 8/37 R&P which is off an early sedan with 12" wheels. Gear ratios are 2.06/1.74/1.41/1.17 and are definitely "close"! Stock is It was used for racing and the ring gear is welded up and locked solid and would be an interesting driving experience...

About a dozen years ago I bought a Simca R&P set off ebay in France. The Simca club in France may have some ideas where to find one or there is a Simca Facebook page. I ended up selling the R&P and I'm pretty sure it went to someone in Australia. Have you tried the turbo124 forum?

I'm a regular on the turbo 124forum and I have read about the Simca set that came from you most probably. I bought two gearboxes from sedans but they ended up having come from the S versions with 13 inch wheels. There is an early box available in Queensland so it might mean a bit of a drive.

Back