Eastern European parts source

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
If needed please move this to discussion Forum. I just received an A112 oil pump purchased on Ebay from SVETLANZMIJANA-0 (pronounce that one!) from Serbia. NEW for a very good price with shipping. He's savy enough to mark the package "used oil pump" and had excellent communication along with a tracking number. I'll buy from again. Hope this is of use. I have multiple friends from the former Yugoslavian area of the Balkans and they are painfully honest. One refused to accept an offer on his used car till he told the buyer everything wrong with it! In their culture once branded as a cheat they can't have any other dealings as reputation is everything.

I've noticed a lot of interesting Fiat equipment for that general region, including Croatia.

Funny about cultures, reputations, honor, etc; America seems to be one of the worst countries in those aspects. Nothing offensive intended, just stating my honest opinion based on decades of international business experiences. I'm sure that won't sit well with some but hey, it is what it is. And to be clear, I am a American citizen born and raised, so I'm not being prejudiced against anyone.

There was a list I saw once of what each generation in the US accepted as a firm, honest commitment. I think for the Great Generation, parents of us baby boomers, it was just a verbal statement and maybe a handshake.

Kind of nice to see certain cultures in Europe (or anywhere for that matter) are heavily invested in honesty. I like to think I ascribe to that, at least for selling and buying Fiat stuff!

There was a list I saw once of what each generation in the US accepted as a firm, honest commitment. I think for the Great Generation, parents of us baby boomers, it was just a verbal statement and maybe a handshake.
Oddly enough, that might be coming back around with the millennial generation. Not because they have greater ethics or honesty or trust, but because they just don't know better. :eek: ["Wait, you want me to write something down? I don't like to read so why should I write? Just text me how much to PayPal to you."] :D
And before any of our young members get offended, keep in mind I may be older but I'm less mature than you. :oops:

I met the former Yugoslavian heavyweight national champion at a fight his son was having here in Las Vegas. I didn't understand a single word of the introduction but was told he was honored I was there supporting his son. If you think pics of the Russian Mafia enforcers are impressive you have yet to see a true heavy weight!! I'd not want a single member of his entourage upset with me. There is honor and honesty in every culture as well as a few (more or less) "bad eggs."

There is honor and honesty in every culture as well as a few (more or less) "bad eggs."
It might be more a matter of the ratio of those two groups within a given culture. Or perhaps for certain segments of it anyway ("segments" meaning industry, politics, public sector, etc...not particular populations).

If needed please move this to discussion Forum. I just received an A112 oil pump purchased on Ebay from SVETLANZMIJANA-0 (pronounce that one!) from Serbia. NEW for a very good price with shipping. He's savy enough to mark the package "used oil pump" and had excellent communication along with a tracking number. I'll buy from again. Hope this is of use. I have multiple friends from the former Yugoslavian area of the Balkans and they are painfully honest. One refused to accept an offer on his used car till he told the buyer everything wrong with it! In their culture once branded as a cheat they can't have any other dealings as reputation is everything.
Apparently the folks in China don't share the same culture. OK, I take that back. I should have said all of the Chinese folks I dealt with while doing business there did not share the same culture. Snakes! They made 'Mericas look like saints!
Forgot to add, I would never buy a used Fiat in China.

Funny about cultures, reputations, honor, etc; America seems to be one of the worst countries in those aspects. Nothing offensive intended, just stating my honest opinion based on decades of international business experiences.
I disagree about America, maybe it’s because all Americans I know are from here and few others friends or relatives.

Americans tend to think our country/culture is a lot worse than it really is
Oddly enough though, I've found the opposite to be true; most Americans seem to think it is the greatest country in the world. I'm not convinced. But I have a very open mind and have been fortunate enough to have traveled internationally a lot, finding many great cultures elsewhere.

Back