1983 X 1/9 Bertone in San Diego

jrt

Daily Driver
The car is not mine but I've been watching it on CL for several weeks now. I thought I would ask the Borg-like collective memory for thoughts or information about the car. 99% I'm just window shopping, but there always is that 1%. Or could be a good find for the SoCal guys.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/fiat-bertone/6726546872.html

1983 two tone white gray exterior with red interior, FI, PL and AC. 52.5 k miles for $4.5 K. Seems like a reasonable if not good deal.
00303_hvoG1MLvIcC_1200x900.jpg 00707_ezAxBrtwRXt_1200x900.jpg 00E0E_3Mc3nnr5VFM_1200x900.jpg

Not crazy about the color scheme but it does look like a pretty darn nice X. If I were closer I might grab it.

My favorite two tone X is this exact color scheme.

It's always hard to tell in pix, but am I seeing some sort of crunched corner on the drivers front, or is that just a weird reflection?

Interior is near mint except for the faded carpet. Didn't see any dash cracks. Seats and steering wheel had to have been recovered, they look too good :)

Anyone in So Cal looking for an X would be crazy to not at least go and see this. Price seems very reasonable for the as-presented condition.

I think you're right. That corner looks kinda lumpy and the pinstripe disappears in what is probably some paint work to fix the damage. Headlight looks a bit askew too.

That's my car's twin, even down to the dent in the front fender. I agree that the steering wheel is way to nice for a 50000 mile example. I'm wondering how old the new tires on it are, I couldn't find any current reference to that model of Michelin in any searching.

That's my car's twin, even down to the dent in the front fender. I agree that the steering wheel is way to nice for a 50000 mile example. I'm wondering how old the new tires on it are, I couldn't find any current reference to that model of Michelin in any searching.
I have the same, less the front fender dent. The paint on this one is in better condition, and the interior is in much better condition than mine. It's probably pretty rust free too.

The ad says it was posted two months ago. If this car is as good as it appears in the ad I would think it should have sold in two days at the asking price. With red leather, AC, nice wheels, low miles, even the bump in the nose wouldn't detract me from scooping this up. If anyone has seen it up close please share your impression.

Back