Abarth X1/9 intake

TonyK

True Classic
Since Bob Martin wanted Air to Air intercoolers and the intercoolers are mounted in the engine bay area things are getting a bit tight. The intake air filter has to go into the spare tire area and will be ducted to grab air from the right side scoop of his Dallara replica.

The details have been worked out on the test body using a free flow air filter that is from a 2.5 Subaru. Attached are a few pictures of the build, the top of the air cleaner will be latter ducted to the right side of the car when I have the road car to build the parts required.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG

Nice work! Is that inner aperature really large enough for the flow requirements at high rpm?

Also, looks like you have better access to the oil filter cartridge than on a stock 500. That thing is a royal PITA.

Nice work! Is that inner aperature really large enough for the flow requirements at high rpm?

Also, looks like you have better access to the oil filter cartridge than on a stock 500. That thing is a royal PITA.

Hussein take a look at this picture.
upload_2019-1-8_20-55-5.png

From the front lower right a 2" flex hose goes to the black box and into the air cleaner under the red cover. From the upper left corner a 2" elbow goes to the black rectangular box out a 2" elbow into the intake of the turbo charger.

What I have built is much shorter than this factory set up. So in answer to your question the factory thinks it's okay so why should I doubt their engineering.

And changing the oil filter is a lot simpler than the stock set up.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Back