Unknown Part Name

Tavalin

Florida Mike (again)
Hello Xers... I am again embarking on a short quest to find a rubber type gasket that covers the sending unit and has two (looks like) fuel vapor hoses going through it. Mine is all busted and am in need of a new one. I remember someone had a exact replica of the part but I unable to find that thread I started on it. For some reason Fiat+ comes to mind but I am not really sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

I recall there were a couple options. One was plastic (from Henk's Parts Holland maybe?) and one rubber (from Eurosport and MidWest Bayless). There may be other sources that someone else can offer.

1500 engine compartment complete - 2018_08_04.jpg
Mine was pretty deteriorated so I took the rubber off the steel frame underneath, cleaned it up with a wire brush wheel, and painted it.

Dr. Jeff & ng_randolph,
That is it!!! Fiatplus has the rubber one. Henk’s is hard plastic.
Another purchase,
Thanks,
Mike

Didn't know that Matt had them, but knew Chris Obert had them.

I recall others have cleaned up the appearance of the various rubber covered items (fuel cap, all of the firewall hole covers, air intake tube, etc) with spray plastic coatings, like "Plasti-Dip". But if it is falling apart - as they will eventually - then I don't think any coatings will do much good.

I recall others have cleaned up the appearance of the various rubber covered items (fuel cap, all of the firewall hole covers, air intake tube, etc) with spray plastic coatings, like "Plasti-Dip". But if it is falling apart - as they will eventually - then I don't think any coatings will do much good.
You could apply it to the steel part inside the failed factory rubber and it should hold up OK. I had some Rustoleum engine paint and used that.

Do you mean remove all of the original rubber, then coat the bare metal plate with the PlastiDip?
You could if you like the rubber look. I didn't think of that at the time and just used paint. For the steel piece, I think paint is just as appropriate. I never considered replacing the original rubber part as they are not very durable. Mine already had cracks in it when the car was delivered new. I think I actually prefer the look of the painted steel frame over the original rubber part.

I just went to Fiat Plus to order the Fuel Tank Access Rubber Cover For $58.00 but they are charging $50.50 shipping. That part is small enough to fit in a standard priority box for about $10.00 and handling shouldn’t be $40.50.
I want to buy it because it is like OEM but $108.50 is a little pricey for that little guy.
Oh man!!!
Mike

I just went to Fiat Plus to order the Fuel Tank Access Rubber Cover For $58.00 but they are charging $50.50 shipping. That part is small enough to fit in a standard priority box for about $10.00 and handling shouldn’t be $40.50.
I want to buy it because it is like OEM but $108.50 is a little pricey for that little guy.
Oh man!!!
Mike
Give them a call. Their on-line checkout can be a bit wonky on shipping cost calculations.

I hear you Mike. Shipping costs have become outrageous. Can't tell you how often I've looked for a $10 item, only to find $20 shipping. Sometimes it helps to wait (if you can) until you need several items from the same source, often the total shipping/handling cost is the close to or the same for many items if sent at once.

Back