Steering wheel and Fiat Canada radio (vintage)

myredracer

True Classic
Unknown brand 14" steering wheel. Faux leather is in good condition, metal spokes have a little surface rust and needs paint. Horn button in reasonable condition except for fading paint. Brass ring on front side is slightly dented and needs pulling back. Missing a spring to hold back the horn button. This was removed from an 850 and AFAIK, fits a 124 too (maybe X also?). $60 USD.

Fiat Canada AM radio from the 70s (or 60s?). Tested and in good working condition and no missing knobs or damaged parts. However, only seems to bring in Anne Murray's greatest hits from the 70s... $10 USD.

Oh, and shipping is additional.

Attachments

• DSCF0289.JPG
    DSCF0289.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0290.JPG
    DSCF0290.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0127.JPG
    DSCF0127.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0126.JPG
    DSCF0126.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
hahah - Anne Murray, too funny! - neat find at a great price!

The steering wheel is from an X1/9, I'm guessing 1974 as I believe they were black - or this one was painted (the horn button style is pre '78). '79 steering wheels were black, but have a different button.

Sorry to distract here, but does anyone know if the earlier style X1/9 horn button (as shown in this listing) is a direct fit onto the later X1/9 wheel?

Both items listed are nice looking parts at great prices. ;)

It will fit but will be rotated several degrees, so the lettering won’t line up. It can be modified to line up by notching the slots that hold the center horn button in its ring

Sorry to distract here, but does anyone know if the earlier style X1/9 horn button (as shown in this listing) is a direct fit onto the later X1/9 wheel?

Both items listed are nice looking parts at great prices. ;)

I love the radio but a little too old for my ‘86 X. Plus, not a big fan of Anne Murray. :)
Thanks,
Mike

I love old school radios, for old school cars. Some X's may be a bit more 'modern' but some retain the vintage look that this would be great for (maybe early vs later X's). The ideal project would be to replace the guts in it with a modern stereo. I don't care for any of the new radios on the market that attempt to look 'old'. They totally miss the mark in my opinion. But something like this certainly has the right look.

I'll take the radio, it should fit nicely in the old single-speaker Rich Motors radio center console, & it'll be a fitting nod to the Maple Leaf for my formerly-Canadian 850 Coupe! ;)

I love the radio but a little too old for my ‘86 X. Plus, not a big fan of Anne Murray. :)
Thanks,
Mike
No fan of hers either.
I'll take the radio, it should fit nicely in the old single-speaker Rich Motors radio center console, & it'll be a fitting nod to the Maple Leaf for my formerly-Canadian 850 Coupe! ;)
Sold! Just think of the deep/rich sound you'll get along with a vintage speaker, all in full mono... :)

Back